Group Outfitter Help

GoGriz

Not sure if I am going to find a solution to my problem, but I thought I would throw it out here anyway. My work has agreed to pay for a group hunting trip for say 6-8 people. I normally hunt DIY but I am trying to use this “free” opportunity to put some meat in my freezer and get a few friends who have shown interest in hunting out to see what it’s all about. In the past they have done Tajon Ranch for pigs, but those guys are sold out. Does anyone know of an outfit or outfitter that operates in the mainly Southern California area that would be good for a group of this size and who might have availability still for this year? I don’t want a planted or high fence type operation. I am likely asking for too much, but I thought it might be worth a try.

Don’t know if you have zeroed it down to a specific area in Cali or game but you might give these guys a call, I’ve pig hunted there with success.

Boaring Experiences
Atascadero, CA

I would second Bitterwater. One of my buddies is guides up here for them and they usually have some availability. Clayton, the owner, is a solid guy too. Best of luck where ever you end up. Last question is, are you hiring? haha awesome gift from work!

5/23-5/24. I just got a 7mm-08 which hopefully I can put to good use on this trip.
Let me know how the hunt goes and who you end up going out with. One of my buddies guides for Bitterwater on his ranch. Him and I typically see a lot of pigs running around the ranch when we're out and about. Excited to hear how it goes.

Back from the hunt and we all went 3 for 3 on pigs. We had a great time overall and saw a ton of pigs and a few different locations/ so really pretty areas. Parts of the hunt were a little bit of a goat rodeo, but we would all go back (we would approach it a little differently now that we know the setup and what to expect). I brought my pig home and processed it and it’s in the freezer awaiting the various different preparations that I have been noodling over for months - always a good time when you can chase animals in the “off season”!

44C541C4-B5A3-42A6-B15F-25EBD3A16E43.jpegD1155A86-0E75-4EC7-B4F4-FA97279BAEB3.jpeg60499877-D886-4E3C-B61D-C0C041DD09C0.jpeg

Back from the hunt and we all went 3 for 3 on pigs. We had a great time overall and saw a ton of pigs and a few different locations/ so really pretty areas. Parts of the hunt were a little bit of a goat rodeo, but we would all go back (we would approach it a little differently now that we know the setup and what to expect). I brought my pig home and processed it and it’s in the freezer awaiting the various different preparations that I have been noodling over for months - always a good time when you can chase animals in the “off season”!

View attachment 223753View attachment 223754View attachment 223755
Good stuff! Glad you got to go with bitterwater. Congrats!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back