Yeti GOBOX Collection

Greenhorn may be a better hunter

mdunc8

but I guarantee I can catch more fish than him. Since July of 2008, I have caught precisely 191,501 fish. Take that Greenhorn and all of the rest of you guys with your big 6x6 bulls, 16" goats, and 4x4 muleys! I am a little disappointed that hunting got in the way of me breaking the 200,000 mark, but I think 191,501 is a respectable figure.

You and Moosie must be Excel spreadsheet buddies. Congrats on your large numbers...I think I would have been sick of fishing after fish number 1,000.

Good guess Fowl. Finally finished entering all my data. I feel like someone just threw a bucket of sand in my eyes. I'm waiting for the Excel nightmares to start.

I was targeting the smaller fish that FWP has never sampled. 95% of the fish I caught were emerald shiners, western silvery minnows, sand shiners, flathead chubs, and longnose dace. Did see a lot of nice smallmouth, a variety of sunfish, catfish, and saugers. Also saw my first northern pike this summer.

Ahhhh. I was wondering how your numbers got so high. I started thinking about it and I catch about 200 crappie every mothers day the last two years. I couldn't imagine reeling in 1,000 times that amount.

I miss me some crappie. Being from back east, my diet used to include crappie, bluegill, redear sunfish, and bass on a regular basis. It's been a few years since I've had a good fish fry. A real one. Trout doesn't count.

If you're out here in Miles next spring check out Sandstone Res out between here and Baker. We caught several nice stringers of crappie, perch and a few smaller northerns there. If ya wear a cowboy hat you'll blend in fine, but other than BMA being overloaded out here this year I haven't seen near the hunters we usually do. There hasn't been near as many dead critters in the back of pick ups either.

I miss me some crappie. Being from back east, my diet used to include crappie, bluegill, redear sunfish, and bass on a regular basis. It's been a few years since I've had a good fish fry. A real one. Trout doesn't count.

I still have a few packs of bluegill, shellcracker and some channel cat in the freezer, so if you get this way we'll stir up some hushpuppy batter, cole slaw and have a fryup.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back