Great Montana Goosin'

smalls

I haven't gotten out much lately, but I called in late to work yesterday to scout for today's hunt. Hunted a monster goose feed (1000+ birds) this morning with 3 great guys (2 guys no-showed :confused: ). The birds worked pretty well, but we all got a workout chasing after crips that sailed. Ended up with our 4-man limit of 16 birds. Sunday's hunt should be even better.

1129051043.jpg

Looks like a great shoot. Hurry up and get them scared down here to SE Idaho...they really haven't shown up yet and its time to KILL GEESE!

Should be another grind on Sunday. I got some primo tough to access land that is holding solid feeds of both B-52's and greenheads.

Not many ducks down here yet, mostly goldys on the river. It seems like the birds are kind of schizo on the river. They'll be everywhere one day then the next you go back and all you see is a pair of coots and two days later the mallards will be like mosquitoes again. Other than the might mo, were getting pretty well solid around here. Canyon Ferry will be completely froze by Thursday and most of the feeder creeks and irrigation ditches at least have sheet ice.

I am also thinking I need to get me a flatback canoe or something to hunt the ilsands in the river.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back