Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Gratuitous Bird and Dog Photos

Taste like chicken.
Just realized they are Huns :) I saw the feather stuck to the head of the one towards the center and thought they were a gambles quail or something like that. Didn't look close enough. Never have eaten a partridge either. Shot at a couple and have never connected. Congrats!

IMG_9440.jpg

Final weekend success- Winnie's first wild Rooster (she got a scraggly FWP released rooster earlier this season). She did her part, flushing several more in easy range, but I didn't uphold my end of the deal. Called it a day after rocking 2 other roosters pretty hard that flew a good ways into private after being wounded.
Very happy with how she's been hunting in her first season and looking forward to many more days afield!

Finley and I have been slipping in a few last hunts. It's been a good year and hope to get out another day or two on the ducks and trying to get to SD late next week for another crack at the pheasants.

IMG_0764.jpgIMG_0757.jpg

Dang dog loves to roll in the dirt after getting wet but thought this picture was pretty funny. His Mom wasn't quite as impressed! :)

My 11 month old Llewellin figured out last weekend that he was a pointing dog. I put no pressure on his development, just took him and let the grouse do the rest. He bumped 3 then locked up on the next 3 singles. Relief, joy and pride. The only unfortunate thing was that season had been closed 5 days or I'd have likely had at least one of those grouse😉20240106_152154.jpg
Rip (Blue Mt Train Station) is going to be a good one!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back