Yeti GOBOX Collection

Grasshopper-in-distress

Doug

How's the grasshopper crop this year? Do you think that a bumper crop of grasshoppers makes the coyotes harder to call when their bellies are full? I guess there's always that grasshopper-in-distress tape for really slow days.
wink.gif

Doug

Doug, I think the coyotes eat grasshoppers just to have something to do. It would take a million hoppers to fill a coyotes up. Hey, I saw a coyote with a cat in it's mouth the other night. I ask the lady across road if her black cat was missing, yep it was lol. I told her to watch the road for coyote droppings, they like to leave there calling card in the middle of the road and she might be able to see her cat one last time in a pile of scat. Funny how you spell s---cat lol.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 10-23-2003 15:17: Message edited by: Danny Batastini ]</font>

I don't know Danny. Have you ever heard of those mexican general grasshoppers they have in Arizona? They are about half the size of a mouse and last year when I was in Arizona I seen lots of scat that was full of grasshopper legs. Many times I've watched foxes spend time loading up on grasshoppers in the fields around here. I suspect that this years coyote pups in the SouthWest would find them to be an easy meal.
wink.gif

Doug

You're right Doug. Grasshoppers are rich in protein and coyotes will fill up on them. I've eaten them roasted and they aren't bad at all. Kind of a nut like flavor. The green and black grasshoppers you're talking about are very big, but I saw grasshoppers in Nebraska last weekend while hunting with Q. that were bigger than a mouse.
smile.gif

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back