Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Grand slam complete

cking13

Got back from Florida this week chasing Osceolas on public land. Manbwhat a tough bird to hunt. They weren’t gobbling at all and weren’t visible either. The second day there I managed to find one that was on fire and called him to 15 yards, but was unable to get a shot due to the vegetation. What a heartbreak. Went after him the next morning and he only gobbled twice on the roost and flew down and went god knows which way. Later that day, we found one out in a field with his ladies while it was raining. We called at him and he didn’t pay any attention to it. So I got my buddies fan out and eased directly towards him in the field. They weren’t terrified but knew something wasn’t quite right. I managed to get to 50 yards of him and sent the longbeard #6’s flying. I patterned my gun at that range so I knew it’s capabilities. He flopped on the ground and I ran over and put my boot on his head. It’s been an exciting trip chasing the species across the country.

Attachments

• E62A2CF8-98F1-4FE7-91BA-9B6F87C44E96.jpeg
    E62A2CF8-98F1-4FE7-91BA-9B6F87C44E96.jpeg
    670.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 7AA338DA-CB5E-41F6-B58D-A50B42D5A68D.jpeg
    7AA338DA-CB5E-41F6-B58D-A50B42D5A68D.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 57
Congratulations

Turkeys sure cover the spectrum habitat wise. Sooooo different terrain from my ag/riparian woodlots of where I generally chase my turkeys.

Excellent work and congratulations!! A Public Osceola is no joke.

I’ve had just the Osceola to go for a number of years now. I put in for some of the hunts a few times, but Florida’s draw system is unintelligible to me, I need to bear down and figure it out one of these years. (I also hate ticks and humidity, so Osceola country scares me :) )

Excellent work and congratulations!! A Public Osceola is no joke.

I’ve had just the Osceola to go for a number of years now. I put in for some of the hunts a few times, but Florida’s draw system is unintelligible to me, I need to bear down and figure it out one of these years. (I also hate ticks and humidity, so Osceola country scares me :) )
Permethrin is your friend. Only pulled one tick off me after 6 days of hunting.

Got back from Florida this week chasing Osceolas on public land. Manbwhat a tough bird to hunt. They weren’t gobbling at all and weren’t visible either. The second day there I managed to find one that was on fire and called him to 15 yards, but was unable to get a shot due to the vegetation. What a heartbreak. Went after him the next morning and he only gobbled twice on the roost and flew down and went god knows which way. Later that day, we found one out in a field with his ladies while it was raining. We called at him and he didn’t pay any attention to it. So I got my buddies fan out and eased directly towards him in the field. They weren’t terrified but knew something wasn’t quite right. I managed to get to 50 yards of him and sent the longbeard #6’s flying. I patterned my gun at that range so I knew it’s capabilities. He flopped on the ground and I ran over and put my boot on his head. It’s been an exciting trip chasing the species across the country.

That is great! Congratulations sir great write up thank you

midwest hunter--good luck on getting him

actually a couple fellows have responded with only a couple to go---best of luck gentlemen

That's awesome! All I have left for mine is that Osceola, and been skunked once. What part of FL were you in?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back