gps units

dgc1963

hey guys taking some friends on my next trip and they have never been out west we are back packing for elk in a unit ive been 4 times going in same places so Im very comfortable but need gps units that can also tex or talk and I know nothing about them can anyone give some advice we want something that works well isnt to complicated while keeping cost down
Thanks

I have an inreach se, it’s awesome. I have it paired with my phone and end up using my phone more than the unit itself. It’s way easier to look at the mapping with my touch screen phone. I got it just before the mini came out I think. If I did it over I would probably get the mini.

You can pair an inreach to your smart phone while using the phone for onxmaps at the same time. The nice thing about using your phone with the inreach is that you can keep it on airplane mode and it'll still function to text. I believe if you have your maps downloaded on your phone you can use onx in airplane mode too. It really saves your phone battery life.

I would look into getting an inreach mini. And then using onxmaps.this has been my go-to since the many came out last year I really like it.

Garmin inReach user here. It's definitely an investment, but the increased peace of mind (beyond the navigational abilities) is well worth it.

thanks for the input Im not very tech savy ill look at the mini and se units one thing I love about hunting is not having a cell phone even back in pa it doesnt work at camp now im looking at hooking it up with a gps lol

thanks for the input Im not very tech savy ill look at the mini and se units one thing I love about hunting is not having a cell phone even back in pa it doesnt work at camp now im looking at hooking it up with a gps lol

Totally agree.... the mini will also do email... which is a terrible thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back