GPS info needed

KRasmussen

I am in the market for my first handheld GPS unit. I do have a Garmin Nuvi that we use for day to day driving and mapping but I need something for hunting. I am kinda partial to the Garmin brand and would like some input from other HT'ers as to what you are using and you feel it performs. I am on a budget and would like to stay under $400 if possible. I would also like to be able to add maps and have a unit that doesn't require a degree in astrophysics to operate. What do you think?:confused:

Ken

Check out the electronucs section there is a thread about the rino 530 hcx it has some good info and links for pretty good prices my buddy just got one and its what I'm saving for as we speak I'm not sure if I will buy the state card or the computer software yet but will for sure have one before next summer so I can learn it for hunting

http://www.pcnation.com/web/details.asp?item=6G0730

$298 for a refurbished Garmin 530 hcx. Comes with the same new warranty.

I've only had mine for this year - though enjoy the heck out of it. Learned of it through research from those here and other review sites.

Free fed X 3 day shipping as well... They are limited in stock.

Styles did you buy a refurbushed one I'm leaning that way especially with the extra warranty just been burned before on refurbished stuff

Yes. I bought two - both refurbs. Both looked and work as brand new though my hesitation was on whether the warranty would still apply... Once deternimed it is covered as a brand new one - I had no hesitation.
I also bought the huntinggpsmaps Montana download.

The Garmin has a "mapsource" that loads onto your computer - allows you to upload and download between your computer and gps. It is a free garmin application. Allows you to view your maps on a good size screen, etc.

the vista hcx may be in your price range,,,be aware that satilite,reliability is only fair with this model,,,i got the gps maps chip in mine also,,,chip shows good info.

Back