Gotta love Wyoming

Brittany Chukarman

Where else can you miss the draw, pick up a leftover and have a still have a good hunt? The unit I chose had around 600 any antelope tags leftover. Eventually all of these sold as well as all the doe tags. By going late in the season I was hoping the antelope would have a chance to settle down but they were still being pressured. I spent the first day learning the unit and finding the land I could access. In the 2 days I hunted I found 3 nice bucks on public land. I did run across a yearling buck on almost every piece I walked out. They were wild as heck and fun to watch. The buck I tagged was still rutting on 10/11. That sure is a fun hunt.
I really screwed up my pictures. Should have checked to see what I had but was anxious to get on with the work ahead.

Attachments

• IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 600
  • IMG_0462.JPG
    IMG_0462.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 599
Antelope hunting is a gas. Glad you had a good trip.

Looks like a great trip to WY i love that state i keep building pref points and only hunt leftover tags every year

I know the area you hunted and thats a very good buck. Heck thats a great buck even on a first choice tag, let alone a leftover.

Congrats!

Back