Got another cow

oleefish2

Well got another cow of MOOO kind. It was a challenging adventure with the wind blowing 30+ and the dirt and horse and cow dropping whirling clouds of poop. I was over gunned with my 1929 model 12 Remington 22. It was a tough shot at 10 feet but she dropped in her tracks. The bobcat groaned to pick her up and take her out into the grass so we could get out of the dirt. 2 hours later we had her hanging in the shop. YUM

Attachments

• MOO COW.jpg
    MOO COW.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 50
Ten feet? That was a heck of a job on the stalk. But you were over gunned with the 22 LR. :)

Looking at the pick with how split open it was I thought you might of shot her frontal with a Creedmoor.

Well got another cow of MOOO kind. It was a challenging adventure with the wind blowing 30+ and the dirt and horse and cow dropping whirling clouds of poop. I was over gunned with my 1929 model 12 Remington 22. It was a tough shot at 10 feet but she dropped in her tracks. The bobcat groaned to pick her up and take her out into the grass so we could get out of the dirt. 2 hours later we had her hanging in the shop. YUM
Nice. More meat for the freezer.

Because of the wind and dirt we left the hide on till we got to the shop. I have a 20 foot square sheet of plastic that we wrapped her in also. We estimated her at between 1200 and 1300 lbs live weight. Just an old dry cow but very fat. We got 25 lbs of fat just from her inside along the back bone. I have a white tag to still fill and it will help with making product. I do not think I got to bad a deal at about $1.00 a lb processed price, since I do it myself.

Because of the wind and dirt we left the hide on till we got to the shop. I have a 20 foot square sheet of plastic that we wrapped her in also. We estimated her at between 1200 and 1300 lbs live weight. Just an old dry cow but very fat. We got 25 lbs of fat just from her inside along the back bone. I have a white tag to still fill and it will help with making product. I do not think I got to bad a deal at about $1.00 a lb processed price, since I do it myself.
Less than two hours to pack out a 1,300 pound cow? Something sounds fishy - https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/actual-weight-of-meat-can-we-be-honest.293257/

No packing the rancher had a bobcat to pick it up and set on trailer

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back