MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

goose call

Bhill552

Wondering what would be a good starter short reed goose call. My son has started field hunting, and the call he has is to high pitched. Not looking to break the bank. Thanks in advance.

Wondering what would be a good starter short reed goose call. My son has started field hunting, and the call he has is to high pitched. Not looking to break the bank. Thanks in advance.
Take him to some place that carries some waterfowl gear and have him try some higher end polycarbonate calls or lower end acrylic calls. Poly should run in the 20-50 dollar range, acrylic in the 80-200 dollar range. Each brand feels a little different. Some take more back pressure, some take less. Only way to know which one will work for him is to have him try them out. Then make sure he is using guttural body when he's calling. Essentially, using his voice combined with air to crate a buzz or deeper sound sound. Youtube it.

Thats how we always got calls in the past. Now with covid no place will let us try any

Thats how we always got calls in the past. Now with covid no place will let us try any

I have the acrylic version of this. The poly won't sound quite as rich but this a fairly easy call to blow. Doesn't require the air or back pressure that some of the zink and molt gear calls do.

Personally I prefer higher pitched calls, but for a deeper sounding call in that range, I'd concur about the Power Clucker (PC-1) from Zink, the Raptor from Field Proven and the Poly Super Mag from Tim Grounds. The last 2 are my favorites in the Poly realm

Thanks for the help. I got him the power clucker. We will see if that helps. The call he has is the field proven raptor so maybe its just his use of the call or my use of my ears. Thanks again

Final Flight Calls makes a great short reed goose call. Get with Danny and he can hook you up. Best part, you have and issue with the call, send it back to him and he will correct the issue. Just a thought.

Thanks for the help. I got him the power clucker. We will see if that helps. The call he has is the field proven raptor so maybe its just his use of the call or my use of my ears. Thanks again

The FP Raptor is not too high pitched with the stock tuning.

It’s probably operator error, and so the Power Clucker won’t help.

Find him a copy of “Bad Grammer” on eBay and thank me later.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back