Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

Two of the three in three oh three are kittens. Haven't heard any info on the third. The pictures from the first two are....special....One for sure should be confiscated. Unless they used a bent piece of wire to check for legality...

Maybe three oh three needs to change from 'any portion' to 'center' of the cat's eye.....?

Two of the three in three oh three are kittens. Haven't heard any info on the third. The pictures from the first two are....special....One for sure should be confiscated. Unless they used a bent piece of wire to check for legality...

Maybe three oh three needs to change from 'any portion' to 'center' of the cat's eye.....?
Wtf are people continuing to shoot kittens? Let me be clear a mature unlimited ram is a true trophy. Want to shoot kittens? Get a damn ewe tag in the breaks.

Well I couldn't find it without signing in & checking my past posts.
I to joined after finding this tread trying to do some "research". I must not be a very good detective because I must of steeped on all the bread crumbs walking through every page. But I'm not good at or into E scouting. The interesting thing is I've been thinking about doing this hunt for a long time, was heading that way last year to do some scouting & fishing, when in Wy. at a popular rifle match NF ELR a big wildfire was moving toward the house & we cut the trip short to race home. Well everything turned out fine at the house & in the process we missed the flooding that we would have been in the Unlimited's.
This year I just bought a tag and went, after all my research I pulled out some old maps & had the same unit I wanted to hunt back in 2005 picked out (that I'd forgotten about).
So I picked a unit & area without any trail for access, terrain was brutal. My e-scouting just sucks, I guess I missed the 2 mile long boulder field that was a maze of cantaloupe to RV sized rock that did a number on a new pair of crispy's. The area seemed great but didn't see any sheep before the season closed quickly. But it wasn't a KOA that's for sure, only saw a couple of old fire rings & zero other humans. Learned a lot, stayed for some scouting after the season & have a new plan for next year.
At this point I wish I'd tried it sooner, I'm 56 now, god, health & MT FWP willing I plan on a 5 year effort. If nothing else it's a fun reason to train & maintain some fitness. Although I didn't see a sheep at least I went sheep hunting, with over 20 points in a few states it's probably going to be my only option. That I'm grateful to Montana for, I was a late onset hunter, started around 30 or so, delete this thread or not but in the grand theme of things we need to really think about pissing & moaning about more hunter
participation. To me it's a great opportunity & for Mt I think it's a cash cow. You want to go sheep hunting have at it, but I'd bet more than half turn around & go home or never leave a trail system when they see them hills. I've done a lot of backpacking & mountain hunting but that mountain range is next level $hit.

With complete respect to all on here and a fellow unlimited hunter I believe the damage is already done. When talks are held at sheep show in Reno on unlimited and people post things public, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT.......
I have read on this thread for years, mostly for entertainment, and first time posting. Suppose I should have spoke up sooner but lots of us hardcore long time hunters have feared this for years.
My two cents is folks on here seem to enjoy and whatever damage this thread has done is already done. Hasn't effect my groups hunting as most people are wimps and have gained there "knowledge " from bar room talk and keyboard experts.
Maybe publicity is what keeps unlimited going much as I hate it.

Holy shit! Some of the early pics had 13,000 views.
Just goes to show that more than a handful of lovers of wild country and challenging pursuits still exist! Personally, I think that deleting this thread does them a disservice!

Have any HuntTalk participants in this cat joke thread bothered themselves to ask Shawn S his opinion? If anyone is more responsible for the continued existence of unlimited cat jokes in Montana, I struggle to conjure their name. May I suggest that all y'all (I worked a job in Louisiana for awhile) solicit his opinion on future prospects for unlimited seasons proliferating, both within MT and elsewhere, in the future before you decide to nuke this thread? To belabor a tired metaphor, popularizing a limited opportunity and resource is a two-edged sword! While it now seems to threaten your own enjoyment of the opportunity by increasing pressure and competition, that very popularity might just result in similar opportunities opening elsewhere to the benefit of felow cat joke lovers.

It's a bummer that you guys don't/can't feel good about sharing it anymore. I've read every post and enjoyed them while never having the slightest inclination to give it a try.
I have noticed your participation, and I hope for you, and selfishly for myself, that the thread does not fade into oblivion.

Emerging from a self imposed exile to chime in here. I for one am grateful for this thread, and simultaneously support its demise. I was going to take my crack at the cats last year, but some dramatic health issues intervened. That really stung, as I grew up in those mountains. They still feel like home, even while I live thousands of miles away.

Right now, I can't foresee any way for me to ever get to go home and do this unless the attention dwindles a little bit and keeps the kittens growing into toms. I think the real canary in the coalmines for me was the back to back bloodbath's in everyone's favorite unit. The Bodingtwine feline is another sickening waypoint in the change of my opinion, but the real icing on the cake was when I started seeing random people talk endlessly about this once hidden gem on insta and fb. The tragedy of the commons is real, and sometimes we need to shut up and protect the wild places.

Just a heads for everyone. Possible point/possession change for unlimited tags.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231204_175814_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20231204_175814_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    526.2 KB · Views: 93
Just a heads for everyone. Possible point/possession change for unlimited tags.
Tabor is a douche bag. Every year it's something with that guy. Only because he hasn't drawn a tag.

Btw this thread is supposed to be dead.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back