Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

So I may be getting ahead of myself but I'm just trying to prepare myself for how much work I may have if I'm fortunate enough to fill a tag.

Also I've got about 60 pages left so I'm sorry if this has been asked before.

What type of weight am I looking at for a boned out sheep with cape and head?
If you've got camp and water expect 100 lbs plus just sheep maybe 80-85

Has anyone tried to get their tag via application yet this year so they don't have to front the whole amount? i Just tried to do it and still retain my bonus points but i can't find any option where to apply without using my bonus points.
I believe the only way that you can gain a point as well as receive a UL tag is that you have to purchase the tag during the application process and not go into the draw and then during the bonus point purchasing window purchase a point.

Looking to purchase tag. Was wondering about the process of getting a wolf tag also. The only thing I can find was "WOLF MITIGATION DONATION". Is it something I can get over the counter right before season starts? Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Looking to purchase tag. Was wondering about the process of getting a wolf tag also. The only thing I can find was "WOLF MITIGATION DONATION". Is it something I can get over the counter right before season starts? Any info is appreciated. Thanks
Just buy a wolf tag and decline the wolf mitigation.

I am pretty sure that wolf tags are not for sale yet, but you can buy one otc before the hunt for sure.

Last edited:
S

Sounds like his wife is tough as nails.
The story of her first ram is another one that's just insane.

40 days of hunting plus.

Passing rams left and right.

Takes one at the end of November after jumping over a 100ft crevasse with the help of a tree branch. She's badass....

I'm also pretty certain that all 6 of the rams he's been a part of are all 10 plus years old as well. That's pretty unreal in itself.

Last edited:
That podcast was amazing! Sure made the last few hours of laying new floor in my house much better! Thanks for bringing that to light!

Can't give away everything.....
If I am going to brag on Tim it is going to be his art work. He has come along way since I first meet him on top of that lookout tower. I truly believe that one of the reasons his wildlife art is a cut above the rest is that he actually lives the outdoor life style in the wilderness observing wildlife. Anyone interested in top quality wildlife sculpture should look into his work.

We meet on top of the fire tower. Very disappointing day for me. I had heard that the person manning the tower that year was different friend and lets just say a lot better looking than Tim. First chance I got, I was up at the tower. Much to may disappointment the person manning the tower was not who I expected, but was a 6 foot five guy. Couldn't help but notice he was working on painting a mule deer picture and had a spotting scope pointed at a prime mule deer hill. We started talking bucks and soon we were scouting and hunting together. Tim may not have been who I was hoping to see on the tower that day, but it likely worked out for the better in the end.

Last edited:
That hunt was in 1999 in the Mackenzie Mountains of Canada's Northwest Territory. It was a backpack hunt and I got the Wolverine in that picture when we were packing camp and my ram back to where the Super Cub would pick us up.

Both horns on that ram measured 39 7/8" long
That's a dream dall! Makes me wonder how many days of pea soup it would take to crack the big four-oh.

I have a question about the draw- If I put in and then obviously will draw the tag, will FWP just charge the card I paid with? What if I wanted to use a different card or that card doesn't have the funds in it, I imagine there is a window where I could get that all sorted out with FWP and pay for the tag if the automatic charge declined? How long is it between draw results coming out and having to officially put the rest of your money down to go sheep hunting? If you for some reason did NOT want the tag, you just don't ever pay FWP and then eat the application fee, right? Thanks in advance to anyone that knows

I have a question about the draw- If I put in and then obviously will draw the tag, will FWP just charge the card I paid with? What if I wanted to use a different card or that card doesn't have the funds in it, I imagine there is a window where I could get that all sorted out with FWP and pay for the tag if the automatic charge declined? How long is it between draw results coming out and having to officially put the rest of your money down to go sheep hunting? If you for some reason did NOT want the tag, you just don't ever pay FWP and then eat the application fee, right? Thanks in advance to anyone that knows
You have to log into FWP and buy the permit. It is not automatic. You generally have like 60 days to purchase or you lose it. You lose your application fee if you don't buy the tag in time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back