MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

Boy your on the inside if you get photos like that.

I'm only guessing but I'm going with 3. Looks like that twine is a little fudged too.

Idk, not what I'm looking for.

Hey look at it this way Donna is elite now. #slammer
There is not a god damn chance that you can look at that ram through a spotter and deem it legal. Looks like they moved the hair from the base of the horn and set the string as low as they could possibly get it. No ****in way anyone, even with the best glass in the world, can call that ram "legal" before taking a shot.

There's a straight line from point to point. With the thick piece of twine, held on the outside of the horn and base, the opposite edge of the twine passes through the eye. No way you could look at that sheep on the mountain and say it's definitely legal. Doesn't even look legal up close...

Attachments

• 6BD2DD49-ECB9-4BB9-914F-A3BA85A88A50.png
    6BD2DD49-ECB9-4BB9-914F-A3BA85A88A50.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 49
Not to continue to beat a dead horse but is this 4? Can someone mark up the annuli that get it there?

View attachment 205376
I agree on the age as well. But we dont determine if a ram is legal/ or not based on age, I think the bigger deal would be the length.
Right out of the montana play book for legal requirements.
Pretty cut and dry if you ask me.
Not to mention that isnt a broad side view either.
ram.jpeg

I guess they're not interested in taking it any further, still no response from FWP either. I'm with @TheTone on this and sending my money to @Oak and supporting his efforts. I'm moving on to chasing ul rams in the future. I will say though there ain't a chance in hell I'd kill a ram like that or the first 500 ram. To each his own but I'm moving on.

I agree on the age as well. But we dont determine if a ram is legal/ or not based on age, I think the bigger deal would be the length.
Right out of the montana play book for legal requirements.
Pretty cut and dry if you ask me.
Not to mention that isnt a broad side view either.
View attachment 205393
The problem with the 3/4 curl definition is the part where it says "any portion of the eye opening". The sheep drawing shows the line going through the center of the eye. If you use a line from the base of the horn, and barely intercept the rear of the eye, the horn can much shorter and still be legal. Too much wiggle room here.

Does it really matter anymore? I mean is FWP going to all of a sudden decide they were wrong, take the trophy, fine the shooter, fire the FWP person who plugged it?
Probably not, but like I told my buddy the other day "Hunttalk turns into the high school girls locker room after season ends." We just need something to bitch about until next year.

If we as hunters don't hold FWP, WSF, writers, and other hunters accountable for their actions then who will?

If FWP gets a bunch of complaints then maybe they'll have more stringent tests of legality.
If WSF gets a bunch of complaints then maybe they won't publish articles praising the harvest of tiny 4.5yo rams anymore.

It's really the only card we have to play; might as well play it.

Does it really matter anymore? I mean is FWP going to all of a sudden decide they were wrong, take the trophy, fine the shooter, fire the FWP person who plugged it?

If "matters" means a wrong will get corrected, no it doesn't matter. What is done is done.

But it does matter if the effort is to assure that this episode is not normalized, glorified or forgotten.

Like every human endeavor, the higher the stakes, the more the very best AND very worst in humans is revealed.

We'd be hard pressed to name a big game animal that fascinates more hunters that mountain sheep. Only a small number of us ever get to fufilll the dream of actually harvesting a ram. What the Boddingtons did is worth every ounce of scorn the hunting community can heap upon them. They did not make it any easier to defend trophy hunting.

If they had respect for mountain sheep, that rams walks. It got shot to facilitate their desire to be seen as big time trophy hunters.

Last edited:
If "matters" means a wrong will get corrected, no it doesn't matter. What is done is done.

But it does matter if there if the effort is to assure that this episode is not normalized, glorified or forgotten.

Like every human endeavor, the higher the stakes, the more the very best AND very worst in humans is revealed.

We'd be hard pressed to name a big game animal that fascinates more hunters that mountain sheep. Only a small number of us ever get to fufilll the dream of actually harvesting a ram. What the Boddingtons did is worth every ounce of scorn the hunting community can heap upon them. They did not make it any easier to defend trophy hunting.

If they had respect for mountain sheep, that rams walks. It got shot to facilitate their desire to be seen as big time trophy hunters.
Yes, I get that.

But we as hunters are constantly making the argument that the individual doesn't matter, what we care about is the species- the population of animals.

This was one young ram that could of just as easily been hit on the highway. It's death doesn't affect "mt sheep" as a population at all.

The horse is dead- you can beat it a little more if you really want to, but then you got realize the finality of the situation and stop.

Yes, I get that.

But we as hunters are constantly making the argument that the individual doesn't matter, what we care about is the species- the population of animals.

This was one young ram that could of just as easily been hit on the highway. It's death doesn't affect "mt sheep" as a population at all.

The horse is dead- you can beat it a little more if you really want to, but then you got realize the finality of the situation and stop.
You're just not a passionate sheep hunter yet

Jokes aside I think this has more to do with the legality of shooting a sub legal lamb and getting away with it than it has to do with the overall population of the unlimited sheep.

Jonas is moving on. I've had enough HT for awhile.

@Southern Elk just cause I am a man of my word and your beloved Dak is gonna take your 'boys to the playoffs I will honor our deal.

Remember "only the ram knows, where the ram lives" - Don't be marketing that shit either @sacountry.

Good luck all, hope to one day see ya on the trail.

Bruh stfu. You'll be back by friday after you have a few silver bullets stirring the pot again. #bigpapiknows

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back