Google Bot Data Mined Super-Fund Site

I'm finally going up the Boulder River for a few days of scouting and glassing. I had big plans for this year's hunt but every time I even started to get in shape this summer old injuries from the past came back to haunt me and lay me low one after another. For the first time, I have some real doubts about being able to get to where I want to go.

Meanwhile, my partner geetar, who's a couple decades younger to boot, has been running marathons and competing in Iron Man competitions and rassling bears and I don't know what all. I might have to tie a rope to his pack and have him tow me up the mountain come season.

Assuming the hike don't kill me outright, I am looking forward to sitting and glassing a couple of mountains from high points across the drainage and trying to learn their secrets. You know the kind of mountains I mean...the ones when you're actually on them you can't see anything of them.

Sorry guys I don’t have an unlimited permit, but have questions for you seriously hardcore DIY backcountry public land bighorn sheep hunters. 😐
1) how often does a ram have to drink water? I would like to know this from sheep experts - because I don’t know diddly.
2) how many female asses do you typically see during your scouting/hunting? I’m at 6 so far this year. Are unlimited units this good? I might start after the 7 year wait..

Sorry guys I don’t have an unlimited permit, but have questions for you seriously hardcore DIY backcountry public land bighorn sheep hunters. 😐
1) how often does a ram have to drink water? I would like to know this from sheep experts - because I don’t know diddly.
2) how many female asses do you typically see during your scouting/hunting? I’m at 6 so far this year. Are unlimited units this good? I might start after the 7 year wait..
1: Sheep can go a long time without drinking water, and can get a lot of their water from forage and dew. Can't say I've ever actually seen a bighorn drinking from a water source.
2: I saw a number of female burros on a Utah sheep hunt once, but not 6.

Must not be a mountain athlete then huh?😉
Man I think the hardest part is training lol get up at 345am go for run then shot my bow at 10 yards in my garage go inside shower eat get ready for work then work 12 hours go home change clothes go lift (thank god for a garage gym) shower relax eat dinner. Spend time with family then it’s off to bed then hunting season starts and it’s even crazier lol

1. Everything needs water but they don't need a lot. Hell, they can survive on licking rocks in the winter on a windblown ridge for 6 months at 11k feet.
2. Stillwater, Carbon, and Sweetgrass counties get some great activity during the summer months but they still don't hold a candle to the talent that Gallatin, Park and Madison counties have. Anything past November the ladies are non existent.

Hope this helps....

Man I think the hardest part is training lol get up at 345am go for run then shot my bow at 10 yards in my garage go inside shower eat get ready for work then work 12 hours go home change clothes go lift (thank god for a garage gym) shower relax eat dinner. Spend time with family then it’s off to bed then hunting season starts and it’s even crazier lol
I’m guessing you have a “keep hammering” singlet.

1. Everything needs water but they don't need a lot. Hell, they can survive on licking rocks in the winter on a windblown ridge for 6 months at 11k feet.
2. Stillwater, Carbon, and Sweetgrass counties get some great activity during the summer months but they still don't hold a candle to the talent that Gallatin, Park and Madison counties have. Anything past November the ladies are non existent.

Hope this helps....
nothing like a good scouting report :)

Unfortunately the doctor just informed me that I have developed bursitis in my knee from a mountain biking accident. I am devastated that I won't be able to hunt for the next few weeks at a minimum. Hoping I can carve out time if the quota stays open into October. Good luck everybody!

20210910_143735.jpg

All stocked up on Johnsonville and Jack getting a few last minute items from my favorite MT gas station before I head up. Good luck to everyone safe travels and stay safe in there. Remember only the ram knows..... maybe I'll run into a few of you up there. 😁 good luck everyone. Check back in awhile.....

Last edited:
quite possibly the most interesting gas station/convenience store/sporting goods store I've ever been in. The always lock up the liquor when I show up at that place too. There is a pizza place down the road that is good too.

Has anyone stopped at the place down to the trailhead that had all the trump signs up last year? I think her name was Pat and she was just a bit testy!!!!! Food was actually really good too.

quite possibly the most interesting gas station/convenience store/sporting goods store I've ever been in. The always lock up the liquor when I show up at that place too. There is a pizza place down the road that is good too.

Has anyone stopped at the place down to the trailhead that had all the trump signs up last year? I think her name was Pat and she was just a bit testy!!!!! Food was actually really good too.
The roadkill cafe?

I have been to the roadkill once. The prices, at least that day were astronomical, but the food was good. I think a cheesesteak and a beer or two was over $40. Maybe she charged me for letting me bring my dog inside. Today and tomorrow are big days for people heading in, so good luck!
I am flying off to Alaska tomorrow. I will be excited to hear about all of the happenings when I get back.

I have been to the roadkill once. The prices, at least that day were astronomical, but the food was good. I think a cheesesteak and a beer or two was over $40. Maybe she charged me for letting me bring my dog inside. Today and tomorrow are big days for people heading in, so good luck!
I am flying off to Alaska tomorrow. I will be excited to hear about all of the happenings when I get back.
off to Alaska to hunt ?

View attachment 194092

All stocked up on Johnsonville and Jack getting a few last minute items from my favorite MT gas station before I head up. Good luck to everyone safe travels and stay safe in there. Remember only the ram knows..... maybe I'll run into a few of you up there. 😁 good luck everyone. Check back in awhile.....
They usually have a nice selection of guns in there.

Back