Good taxidermist for lion Colorado?

Cogreeny

Anyone know a good taxidermist for lion in Colorado my guy is moving to Idaho. I have one tanned and ready to mount, I looked at big cat taxidermy in Craig I think it was he’s awesome but no way I’m parting with $5,000 for a lion mount. Thanks

Anyone know a good taxidermist for lion in Colorado my guy is moving to Idaho. I have one tanned and ready to mount, I looked at big cat taxidermy in Craig I think it was he’s awesome but no way I’m parting with $5,000 for a lion mount. Thanks

If there is one critter I wouldn't go cheap on it's a lion... I think 95% of the lion mounts out there are atrocious.

I can recommend Patrick at Wildlife Creations Taxidermy in Bellvue, CO. I've seen alot of the cats he's done including a Jaguar that was unreal. Was supposed to go in the original Cabelas store when it was slated to be in Wheatridge. He's great to work with and is unreal talented. Just this weekend I had the pleasure of seeing several bobcats he's recently mounted. He's alot better priced than 5k too.

www.wildlifecreationstaxidermy.com 970-472-8133

If there is one critter I wouldn't go cheap on it's a lion... I think 95% of the lion mounts out there are atrocious.
I have several mounted and my guy was second to none when it came to lion. His price for me was $2500 a lion but I always gave him my deer and elk capes. Near as I can tell $3500 is the going rate which I’m willing to pay just need a guy that knows what a lion is supposed to look like. Most guys don’t. Thanks

I can recommend Patrick at Wildlife Creations Taxidermy in Bellvue, CO. I've seen alot of the cats he's done including a Jaguar that was unreal. Was supposed to go in the original Cabelas store when it was slated to be in Wheatridge. He's great to work with and is unreal talented. Just this weekend I had the pleasure of seeing several bobcats he's recently mounted. He's alot better priced than 5k too.

www.wildlifecreationstaxidermy.com 970-472-8133
Thank you I’ll check him out and not too far from my house which is good.

Welcome. Hopefully he can hook ya up. I've been going to him since 2007 and he currently has my 2 kids bucks. Great dude

Welcome. Hopefully he can hook ya up. I've been going to him since 2007 and he currently has my 2 kids bucks. Great dude
Looks like he only has the one lion pic up but it looks good can’t see the face real well but I’m going to go see him. His bobcats are nice in the pics as well. His prices are right too it looks like. We usually get a couple big toms a year so a good cat guy that’s close is good.

Looks like he only has the one lion pic up but it looks good can’t see the face real well but I’m going to go see him. His bobcats are nice in the pics as well. His prices are right too it looks like. We usually get a couple big toms a year so a good cat guy that’s close is good.
I've been lucky in that I go out monthly to BS and check on what's going on with him out there so I get to see his work in person. I know he said that getting high quality pics of his work is hard unless he wants to hire a photographer. Maybe I should offer to help him out on that as I've taken some classes with my kids on photography and own a few cameras.

Sounds awesome you guys get some good cats yearly! That's one hunt I'm not sure I'll ever get to do but maybe someday. Good luck and hope you like his work!

I've been lucky in that I go out monthly to BS and check on what's going on with him out there so I get to see his work in person. I know he said that getting high quality pics of his work is hard unless he wants to hire a photographer. Maybe I should offer to help him out on that as I've taken some classes with my kids on photography and own a few cameras.

Sounds awesome you guys get some good cats yearly! That's one hunt I'm not sure I'll ever get to do but maybe someday. Good luck and hope you like his work!
Good deal I’m gonna give him a shout see if I can come look at his stuff I appreciate the info.

Thanks you guys I’ll check out your suggestions and hopefully get this lion outta the freezer and on the wall. Thanks again

Rocky Mountain Wildlife Studios, Dean Hendrickson, he's a hound guy too and has seen lots of cats up close for reference...
Thanks I’ll check him out I just can’t justify paying $5,000 to big cat taxidermy for a lion mount like guys have suggested I’d rather put it towards hounds.

When I was in Colorado in September here is a cat Kevin was working on. Predator Taxidermy Leadville Co

Attachments

• E102B5AC-BE61-4840-A6C7-CD1277E7C4D3.jpeg
    E102B5AC-BE61-4840-A6C7-CD1277E7C4D3.jpeg
    810.8 KB · Views: 11
Back