Good Stuff

slatebuilder

My son is 9, he is heading into his second spring gobbler season. 2 weeks until youth season yet. This morning we were sitting on a hill top at first light in a snow flurry. He had hot chocolate, I had coffee. April snow in Northern Pennsylvania happens. As it was getting light enough to see, about 12 deer ghosted through the brush. Just then a tom ripped the first gobble of the morning 1/4 mile away on the next hill over. His gobble set off half a dozen more on the hills around us. “Dad did you hear those turkeys?” He has been getting me up to listen before school. Quality time well spent.

Those memories sear into an impressionable young mind. Good job for making the investment of time and emotional energy. Although, I suspect when you see the excitement in his eyes, it feels more like a reward than a sacrifice to take him along.

Awesome, good on you. Taking kids and new turkey hunters is , for me, the most fun I’ve had in the spring woods. With this warm spell, gobblers have been pretty vocal here in NW Pa. Good luck this spring, Can’t wait to hear about your lil man’s successful hunt!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back