Good side of AI

I really like that I can search all of my google photos using ai, mountain, tree, beach, etc. plus people. If I know there's an old college pic with my buddy logan while we rafting, I can type in his name (which you have to pre-associate with his face) then river or raft and there it is!

I would love to use it to sort well logs, but so far it's terrible at reading old ass hand writing and poor copies.

Even if you made 331% in a week?

The FX Galileo website has a “spin the wheel” app. Makes me question why a professional financial company of reputation would have that on their site.

I was always taught, if it seems to good to be true…

Last edited:
And if the power grid, or the net crashes for a period of time… and people have forgotten how to think and reason for themselves …

I think letting ai do more thinking is an improvement. People cannot compete with the "thinking" of ai. I'm it will have its problems, but its either jump on the bandwagon and learn how to work with it or get left in the dust. Personally I'm excited by the prospect of not needing to be a rocket scientist to build a rocket.

You clearly never saw Terminator...

I got a tip from a couple of coworkers that chatgpt can provide a much better thesaurus than google or thesaurus.com, they also admitted to using it to help them with first drafts for reports sections and memos. I'm not going to lie, it's way better as a dictionary/thesaurus than google, and it has helped me start text. It can't get you to 100% but you can get to 30-50% in a matter of seconds.

The chemical plant that I work in is probably going to be using AI in the near future to run the entire plant as a whole with a fraction of the of the human operators needed. There are already engineers in our company that have attended Palantir AIP "bootcamps" and have already made the financial case for the transition. I'm really glad to be retiring soon because this is going to eliminate a lot of jobs in my industry.
On the bright side, I bought a pretty good amount of Palantir stock last year and it has absolutely been the best performer in my portfolio.

Back