MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Good Luck Cheezehead Gun Hunters...

Bucnutz.wis

Tomorrow is the BIG Opening Day - hope you all find the one your looking for !!

I'd be happy with leveling a doe while my 10 yo daughter is with me, and so far she is still getting up early to go...

Good Luck & Be Safe !!

Just how big is the Cheezehead army?

Monday is our rifle season opener.

I believe Oklahoma's gun sesason starts tomorrow also.

Best of luck Bucnutz...get that big one that's been just out of bow range.

WV Do you have your waders and duck suit ready? Looks like it's gonna get wet. We had some snow yesterday, in portions of the area ill be hinting in. I have to make up my mind which are I 'm hunting. It all depends on weather. One area if the water is up i just cant get there. I trried going in early one year and the water came up and I didnt get out till weekend. At least we planned for that and took what we needed. Eastern Nicholas may be a little more lucky but it still looks rainy and 40-50 for the first few days. I.d like it with some snow and 20's:hump:

WV Do you have your waders and duck suit ready? Looks like it's gonna get wet. We had some snow yesterday, in portions of the area ill be hinting in. I have to make up my mind which are I 'm hunting. It all depends on weather. One area if the water is up i just cant get there. I trried going in early one year and the water came up and I didnt get out till weekend. At least we planned for that and took what we needed. Eastern Nicholas may be a little more lucky but it still looks rainy and 40-50 for the first few days. I.d like it with some snow and 20's:hump:

My office sits on the Elk River and it is fast and furious right now.

We are heading to Pocahontus County, first time I've hunted there. Not sure what to expect but I hope to scout out a few spots and get the lay of the land on Sunday.

Back in the early 80's my dad and friends hunted the Williams River area and would get flooded in for a week or more. Got pretty dicey according to them a few times.

If I remember right the Cheezehead army has more troops then what the US sent to Iraq in the first gulf war. Good luck to them. Be safe and have fun. On a side note this is also historically one of the best nights to pick up Milfs in WI bars. So I have been told anyways.

I hear ya. Where you going up there. I've hunted a lot of those area More bear hunting than deer. I would assume out the seinic toward williams. I'll give u a llittle tip if things don't wok out over on williams. come to 39 west side of Kennison. Go in dogway and hut SW side., you can drive about a mile to trail head then foot it. Watch for bear, they like to cross and come into the glades.from that side. Or get down low in the middle of glades. quickest access is cow pasture down in from the senic highway. long walk but away from a lot of the road hunters. I may be in dogway if the water is to high for me to get to my other location up south fork.

Are you guys camping or staying some where? I may try to run over there and meet you on sunday.
I'm goiung to see if I can get into south fork and its ony 30-40 min over the mountain. Let me know where you may be camped and what to look for. If your camping

Dave - I'm not exactly sure where we are going. We are staying at a camp that belongs to a fellow church member. He is a pretty prominant person in the state so I can imagine the camp is probably nicer than my house. I did hear him say something about bordering or being close to Rockefellars land?? I think it is near or borders the National Forest. I do know it's close to Cass because he has offered to let us stay at his cabin if i wanted to take the kids to the scenic railroad. That's about all I know at this time.

Full on hijacked bignutz thread :)

If I remember right the Cheezehead army has more troops then what the US sent to Iraq in the first gulf war. Good luck to them. Be safe and have fun. On a side note this is also historically one of the best nights to pick up Milfs in WI bars. So I have been told anyways.

I think I have heard that PA's orange army is something rediculous like 400,000 strong :W:

Yea sorry on the high Jack Nut. I know about where youll be, Thats a little north and east. wont be any cheeze heads but plenty of orange clad crackerheads later man

I think I have heard that PA's orange army is something rediculous like 400,000 strong :W:

I heard on the news this morning that the license sales are down 4% from last year, but many are sold on the last days prior to the Opener, so..... from WDNR website:

Wisconsin is a relatively small state, yet it ranks third nationally (behind Pennsylvania and Michigan) for both the number of firearm deer hunters and the number of bow hunters. This fall the DNR expects about 670,000 gun hunters and about 240,000 bow hunters to take to the field to hunt deer, and with favorable weather, the number of days spent hunting deer will approach seven million.

Last years harvest was 336,000 animals total: http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/hunt/deer/Total10.pdf

StrutNutz may be correct... you might have a better chance at tagging a cornfed MILF this weekend....:D

According to the DNR as of midnight Thursday 503,930 licenses had been sold, down 3 percent since last year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back