Good investment?

That is kinda wierd huh ? I always wonder too, if the real estate agent is a landlord and it's such a good deal.... why wouldn't he snag it ? Other questions to wonder.

The only ones for sale are these 3 on this block. Everything else is commercial for blocks. I also thought the same about the foundation and asked the realtor about he. He felt pretty confident it was mostly the plaster that was cracked. The foundation is made out of cement blocks, not a poured foundation.

I also asked him why he does not buy it and he stated he would have but at the time when he listed it he had just sold his and was waiting for the closing then the lady could not get financing and now he is just trying to get everything worked out on his before buying anything else.

livin

i live in sundance, wy. i know a guy in rapid that has rentals, he said some of his have tripled in value in the last 4 years. only concern i would look at is the condition of those concrete steps. as a bussiness manager that would scare the hell out of me with weather in rapid. like the freezing rain this morning!:eek:
other than that i think if you can make it work out for you, jump on it! if it seems to cost you instead of profit you, sell it! i bet in 12 months repaint, put some nice curb appeal out. and $$$$$hump

Hey Livinthegoodlife, Are you afraid to call ? It's 11PM here. I'm always up till midnight :) GEsh... At least PM me your # so we can talk. If you aren't interested quit asking me ;)

I looked at the curb appeal as well. You will be a slum loard unless you fix the entrance. I wouldn't sink a whole lot in though right away. A guy could dress it up and try to flip it. I would buy it and sit on it though. It cash flows (It sounds like) , and being on a main street, if you couldn't rent it you would suck !!!! You could always flip it into a Rent-2-own. I have every one of my places like that here. It is good for the Renter, even better for the owner.

Terrain is tough for comercial. Lack of parking, etc. You would have to buy several places and move alot of dirt. Could be done if someone was really needing Comercial property.

Foundation on blocks.. How Old school ;) Cool thing about that is you can easily Jack up the house, and fix that issue. Re block it and Seal it.

Here's my proposal. "WE" offer $65,000 (Unless you think they would sell lower, you have more info. A lower offer never hurts). We put down 10% each. I hop on a Plane Friday, get there in time for Breakfast, look at the house, hand you a check for $6,500 , you get it financed, I'll trust you that you will Quick claim me on title (Or I fly back and take you "out"), and you have your first rental with a partner that helped take the first time buying burden from you. I have a Partner in SD to collect rent.They pay closing. We create an LLC and put together a Buy/sell. (I have all the Documetns) Pretty simple ? No ? What is this issue your wife is talking about ? She sounds like mine, worries to much, makes things to complicated..... Couple bucks, a HAndshake, an Offer and rental Income, All in a days work .. ;)

I will have to fly to SD next year and hunt of course ..Err I mean check on my investment. I'll get to write off the trip...T-bone lives just North of there, no ? MAybe I'll tak the family for Vacation. Wouldn't mind seeing Tyson and Jen. It's been awhile.

Ohhh btw, for the LLC and the check I'm writing out to you, I might need to know your First name ? :D :D

That, my friends... is how Bizznass is done :p

No not afraid to talk. I just got off night shift at work and was too tired to THINK and talk at the same time. Let me consider your offer and I will let you know. My number is 317-432-4152 to discuss further. I am off for the next few days so when you get a free moment you can give me a call.

I agree the curb appeal would be one of my first projects and would possibly consider the flip. I think though with the plans for this area it would be a good investment to hold onto it. Once you see the location I think you would agree.

Talk to you soon....btw my name is Andrew......And I work with Tbone everyday at work! Small world isnt it. He is the one that showed me hunttalk.com website :D :D

Have an inspection completed to make sure you are in compliance w/ local laws. Lack of handrailing on some of the entrances for example.

Also, all the numbers don't make it a good deal unless it is cheaper than the similar property down the street. Finally, look at the cost of the "improvements" to the property vs. what kind of an increase in rents you expect to get.

Good luck.

I hop on a Plane Friday, get there in time for Breakfast, look at the house, hand you a check for $6,500 ,

11-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Moosie
Grand poopa Join Date: Dec 2000

Investment Question About this Site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I always hate to bring it up but I'm curious what guys think. Anytime I ever say something I feel like I'm Whining so please don't look at it like that but just a General Question.

Every year I pay (At the end of the year) for Hunttalk.com. I have to pay for some Upgrades, WebUSe, Etc. It comes to about $1,050 is what I paid this year.

On one hand, The entertainment, Knowlege, Etc I get, AHHH It's only a grand. On the other hand...Uhhh It's a grand

I started a couple things like hat and Shirt sales, membership Idea's, Blah blah blah.. but it all takes work and the return is usually less then the idea. I jsut haven't found out anythnig to offset the cost of running this place. I could do several things but I jsut don't have any idea's.

After 8 years and over 10k put into this Place...... I'm jsut wondering what the right move is ? (OK, Mostly my wife is like 1k a year for that place you just go to cause troubles... )

Looks like ya best save up to keep this place afloat

Marne Miller. She works at the downtown office. Not sure what her new title is, but she said her office was moving from the 4th to the 8th floor this week.

Well I have decided to try and purchase the duplex as well as the other 2 properties beside it. I will be meeting with my banker on Monday to see what kind of deal we can work out and then will make an offer on the buildings.

Thanks for everyone's input and Moosie I will be in contact after I speak to my banker.

Yah, so he goes to the banker, Get's a deal, then if he can't take down the loan he'll call. Geshhhhhh....

I'm interested what the bank says though.

Moosie, I hope you don't get pissed atme if we do not put this deal together....

I appreciate the input from everyong and your offer and will take it into consideration when putting everything together. I have to first make sure the duplex financing can be put in place. I will let you know once I find out what it will take and if we can make it work.

No not at all Amigo. No worries. I hope it goes good for ya. I'm not even sure I would have teamed up with ya ;) I am interested if it works out for you though. Keep us in the loop. Ask us more questions. Good luck !!!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back