Yeti GOBOX Collection

Good hunting books?

Oneye

I get some time to listen to audible books so I am wondering what are some good hunting/conservation books? Ones about Theodoore Roosevekt or just in general good hunting books?

Don't know if it's in audible form, but One Man's Wilderness by Warren Page is one of my favorite reads.

If you're interested in Theodore Roosevelt and public lands history, check out The Big Burn by Tim Egan. I'll bet it's on Audible. If you want to go deeper, Edmond Morris' trilogy on TR is great, but very detailed. If I had to pick one, I'd read Theodore Rex, which focuses on his presidency.

Probably not on audible but "Hunting Trips of a Ranchman and The Wilderness Hunter" by TR himself is an amazing read. This is one of my favorite passages of any book I've ever read. Not sure what it is, but something about it gives me chills everytime. Might be something to do with the shoveler reference. :rolleyes:
“I poked my head through the bushes, and saw that the little bunch I was after had joined a great flock of teal, which was on a sand bar in the middle of the stream. They were all huddled together, some standing on the bar, and others in the water right by it, and I aimed for the thickest part of the flock. At the report they sprang into the air, and I leaped to my feet to give them the second barrel, when, from under the bank right beneath me, two shoveller or spoon-bill ducks rose, with great quacking, and, as they were right in line, I took them instead, knocking both over. When I had fished out the two shovellers, I waded over to the sand bar and picked up eleven teal, making thirteen ducks with the two barrels.”

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back