Good Gunsmith in Nevada or Arizona

JustinsDad

Do any of you know a good gunsmith in Nevada or Arizona? Looking to have a barrel replaced and do some mods to a rifle. I’d appreciate any first hand recommendations!

Last edited:
Yeah, if anything it’s way east of actual western Nevada, ie Carson/Douglas/Reno.
I stand corrected about it being Western Nevada. If you guys know a good gunsmith around Carson, Reno or Douglas, please let me know

Last edited:
I stand corrected about it being Western Nevada. If you guys know a good gunsmith around Carson, Reno or Douglas, please let me know
Just busting your balls. If your location on your profile is right, you're looking at about an 8hr ride to get to the Carson/ Reno area. I've been hearing that a lot of Smith's in the area are really backed up also.

I'm working on getting all my licensing now, but probably wont be operational until winter time.

Just busting your balls. If your location on your profile is right, you're looking at about an 8hr ride to get to the Carson/ Reno area. I've been hearing that a lot of Smith's in the area are really backed up also.

I'm working on getting all my licensing now, but probably wont be operational until winter time.
No worries. I’m OK with an 8 or 10 hour drive. Right now the closest gunsmith I trust is in NM. Good luck getting into gunsmithing!

What kind of gunsmith are you looking for?
I have two Savage rifles that need new barrels, a lever action and a bolt action. The lever action will be a caliber change from 303 Savage to whatever common round is easiest—maybe 30-30?. I know I could buy some tools and do it myself on the bolt action but for these particular rifles I want to make sure they’re done right by an expert.

I’m guessing the 303 is a model 99? If so, your rechambering choices will be very limited. My recommendation would be to find someone to go specializes in them, find out if they’ll also rebarrel the bolt gun, then send them off to that smith wherever they are. I’ve had 100% better success finding the right guy in BFE rather than settling for the guy nearby.

I’m guessing the 303 is a model 99? If so, your rechambering choices will be very limited. My recommendation would be to find someone to go specializes in them, find out if they’ll also rebarrel the bolt gun, then send them off to that smith wherever they are. I’ve had 100% better success finding the right guy in BFE rather than settling for the guy nearby.
Good point.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back