Good for you Botswana

Thess african countries are... managing the numbers
I’m getting the vibe that most contributors here have no interest in killing, or hunting an elephant.

Picture this……. elephants introduced into areas of the west.🤪 How long would it take before we saw preference point scams, high priced nr licenses, auction tags, governors tags and mossback style posse hunting? The demand would be there. Fact!

Back to reality now.

I’m getting the vibe that most contributors here have no interest in killing, or hunting an elephant.

Picture this……. elephants introduced into areas of the west.🤪 How long would it take before we saw preference point scams, high priced nr licenses, auction tags, governors tags and mossback style posse hunting? The demand would be there. Fact!

Back to reality now.
I am suprised texas doesnt do it already honestly.

Those are my favorites. 5k in rifle. 3k in optics. 1k in camo suite. All to kill a penned animal a motivated person could in a loin cloth with a dull stick or large rock.

Its amazing the mental gymnastics we go through to justify killing something. Dead is dead, weather eaten, donated or sold. Pretending that we're some sort of conservationist by killing something is also really funny. How many species are being conserved for posterity? Most all populations are in decline, especially in the west.

Plenty of people here have without a doubt, killed far more than they consume in a year... year after year. Why? Killing just to kill something is no different than "trophy hunting," IMO.

Its amazing the mental gymnastics we go through to justify killing something. Dead is dead, weather eaten, donated or sold. Pretending that we're some sort of conservationist by killing something is also really funny. How many species are being conserved for posterity? Most all populations are in decline, especially in the west.

Plenty of people here have without a doubt, killed far more than they consume in a year... year after year. Why? Killing just to kill something is no different than "trophy hunting," IMO.
You think that people wouldnt hunt (poach) even if it were illegal there? Africa has a long history of poaching, unfortunately.

Do you think game populations would be trending worse, or better, due to hunting?

Regulated harvest > no regulations hoping nothing happens.

Back