Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Good for you Botswana

If these altruistic hunters care so much, why wouldn't they continue to go on these hunts to provide neck and organ meat for their staff/workers, conservation funding for the animals, and support the local economies even if they couldn't bring the trophies home?

I don't see where banning imports of trophies should impact all the good they're doing?

Maybe their reasons for trophy hunting really aren't as altruistic as they claim after-all.
what about the results of "african trophy" hunting?

Whats your wish - that its banned?
Thats nether here nor there when it comes to defending hunting at legitimate human activity. I mean is that how far we have fallen? We can only present an argument to defend a conserve parts of the ecosystem that we assign a monetary value?
Their value, as game, protects them far more than anything else can.

Literally nobody, And I mean nobody, not even your fellow Canadians, gives one rip about your opinion on the matter you frikin hoser.

The classless clown has spoken^ carry on.

what about the results of trophy hunting?

Whats your wish - that its banned?

Their value, as game, protects them far more than anything else can.

They should be protected and managed regardless of assigned monetary value. If you or I want to pay to trophy hunt I don’t think that’s a bad thing. However I am calling a spade a spade and I sure as hell don’t think that you or I really give a shit about the elephants in Botswana enough to cut those fat check unless we were going to hunt one.

Where did I say anyone was an asshole to have hunted there?

I guess if you go there I can't make that claim any longer.

Read my initial response to @bayoublaster7527, he's tired of antihunters calling trophy hunting, trophy hunting.

Well what is it when a hunter goes to Africa and brings back exactly no meat and only horns, hides and skulls to slap on the wall? Subsistence hunting? Putting food on the table?

Just be honest about it, nobody is buying the BS about helping the animal, feeding the villagers, etc. A lot of the meat on Safari's is sold to markets in town, not distributed to the locals living in grass huts at the local village.

Talk to some folks that live there.
My point is that when people use the term “trophy hunting” it means very different things to different people. When most folks here use the term it has no emotional baggage or ill intent, just plainly describing the nature of the hunt. These informed individuals also understand the conservation value hunting provides. However, anti-hunters regularly use the term to vilify hunters and convince uninformed non-hunters that hunting is wrong. Hear it pretty regularly here in Colorado. If the people of Botswana (owners of the wildlife) support the sustainable, regulated hunting of their wildlife for the economic and conservation value, why would so-called “wildlife advocates” in the U.S. and Europe try to deprive them of that? Plenty of wildlife issues in your own country that need your attention.

The classless clown has spoken^ carry on.

They should be protected and managed regardless of assigned monetary value. If you or I want to pay to trophy hunt I don’t think that’s a bad thing. However I am calling a spade a spade and I sure as hell don’t think that you or I really give a shit about the elephants in Botswana enough to cut those fat check unless we were going to hunt one.
Correct and unless they can bring home the trophy they aren't going to cut the check either.

Which means it's not about the meat they can't bring back, their care for the locals, the "adventure", and all the other excuses.

It's about a head on the wall.

Correct and unless they can bring home the trophy they aren't going to cut the check either.

Which means it's not about the meat they can't bring back, their care for the locals, the "adventure", and all the other excuses.

Which is preferable to Chinese folk medicine.

My point is that when people use the term “trophy hunting” it means very different things to different people. When most folks here use the term it has no emotional baggage or ill intent, just plainly describing the nature of the hunt. These informed individuals also understand the conservation value hunting provides. However, anti-hunters regularly use the term to vilify hunters and convince uninformed non-hunters that hunting is wrong. Hear it pretty regularly here in Colorado. If the people of Botswana (owners of the wildlife) support the sustainable, regulated hunting of their wildlife for the economic and conservation value, why would so-called “wildlife advocates” in the U.S. and Europe try to deprive them of that? Plenty of wildlife issues in your own country that need your attention.
Nobody is stopping anyone from trophy hunting in Botswana.

Just can't bring you garbage cans and ivory home.

I killed a tuskless cow elephant in Zimbabwe and didn't take anything home.

I did it for the hunt and the "adventure," not the "trophy."

But it was probably a half-century old, on its sixth set of molars, so it meant more to me than anything else I've ever put a bullet or arrow into.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back