Yeti GOBOX Collection

Good deal? Remington 870 with wood stock

My dad gave me a call today to let me know of a NIB Remington 870 with wood stock and extra choke in the Missoula classifieds. The guys wants $275. Should I have him pick it up?

I've heard brand new 870's have had some manufacturing flaws, but if it's NIB but a few years old, it's a fair deal. I've always been partial to the 870. Great gun for a very reasonable price. Nothing pretty about it, but they work (generally) and things die when I pull the trigger.

I bought a new 20 ga 870 Compact to make my turkey gun last year at Academy for about that price. I swapped the wood stock for synthetic, then had it dipped in Mossy Oak Bottomland camo. Loaded with some TSS means it's bad news for turkeys.

I love 870s.

The syn I snagged from Tbone has us stocked for a dove fry soiree very soon. Absolutely a good bang for the price point.

If it's the older Wingmaster, it is a good deal. they have metal trigger assemblies. Now they come with a plastic trigger assembly, and Cabelas had them for $269 and it included a short barrel for home defense, and a longer "hunting barrel".

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back