Good couple of days in the bush

Gives new meaning to "Hard Core" :)

Seeing those fallow deer gives me a different perspective than I had before. They seem to be fairly spooky and difficult to hunt. Is there a lot of pressure from other hunters?

I kind of chuckle a bit at the 'beast mode' and 'hard core' phrases i often read about in your hunting magazines and articles. I guess we just grew up a lot differently and learn to get by without too much comfort in regards to our sleeping set ups when hunting. For me a tent is a deluxe set up that is carried in the backpack. But then again we don't have the big snowfalls like you guys can, so everything in perspective i suppose.

We hunt those fallow in many different areas and locations, from farm country to scrubby habitat to the mountains and they are pretty switched on. We can hunt deer pretty much 12 months of the year over here, and there is more and more hunters kicking around so anywhere on public land will at some stage get a hunter checking it out. There aren't too many dumb deer that let you get away with much in regards to movement, noise and most importantly scent. The private country deer with a bit of protection from property owners are probably a bit more relaxed and settled then some of our more hunted public areas. But our saving grace is that we have immense public land to hunt, and for any keen hunter prepared to walk out a ridge a few kms from a trail he can often have very good hunting with lightly pressured animals on public land.

I don't like seeing other hunters in the bush, and i tend to always hunt remote locations, so i am probably lucky to encounter less then 10 hunters a year during the 80-100 days i will spend this year hunting deer in the aussie bush. So the animals do get pressure, just depends where they live.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back