Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Good close to a day!

Bob-WY

Locally there's a resevoir stocked and managed for trophy trout, they stock em 8 inches or so, but you can only keep 1 and it has to be 20+.

Wife and I went last evening after wind died down. We normally catch several 8-12 inch trout when we go to random places locally. Last night, we boated a 15 inch rainbow and a 16 inch brown in addition to a small rainbow. The Brown was a great fight! Had him into the boat, wife went to net him and POOF, he was gone deep! Second try we got him into the boat.

Most fun part was my wife hooked her first bigger fish. After catching lots of 10 inchers, this was different. She said she had the bottom, but I pointed out it's sandy bottom and 15 feet deep, doubt it's the bottom. In her defense the pole did LOOK like it was the bottom, steady bend, no "pulsing" and the line stayed straight out. She then pulled harder and hte bend stayed consistent, told her "that's not the bottom". She didn't believe me for another 20 seconds when the line went sideways. I could see it try to run based on the pole and I was about to say "don't over muscle it" and it got off. Never saw it, but I think it was probably bigger than mine!

Great thing about my wife and fishing, she wasn't bummed, her view is at least she had one on!

I got all excited a few timeswhen I went fishing on Sunday. Caught some halibut but a couple big bat rays took my fin bait and for a few seconds I thought I had a big one too. Always disappointing when it starts to feel like a bat ray and you end up being right. But indeed it’s fun to feel something strong on there anyway. 6BDACF86-3D60-4B59-9619-2FC79201C43F.jpeg

Back