Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Goobler Slayer Moosie

Wylee

Congrats to Mr. Moosie on his Gobbler last night. We were just looking in a new potential area and next thing ya know I'm telling him "Nice turkey." :D :D ;)
:rolleyes: :cool:

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-18-2002 09:08: Message edited by: Wylee ]</font>

way to go Oscar!! congrats on the bird, lets hear some details!:D:D

OK, Here’s what happened……

I talked with a guy that new this guy that had permission to hunt Private land. So, I figured I would cash in on the deal. Wylee and me picked up my buddy, Jack, 75 years old. His buddy with the access was 70. Wylee will agree that we laughed our a$$ off the hold time. Nothing like hearing about the old days and all the good stories that go with it.

We headed over to Squaw something or other, Next time I’ll pay more attention ;) . Then checked out the land that I got access too. The land was OK but no turkeys on it that we saw. We continued diving roads and around 8:00 I saw a group of turkeys out of my window in a valley. Wylee and me bailed out and headed after them.

Getting closer we decided to split up and circle around them. They moved just a bit and I ended up right in front of them. I think they caught a bit of movement from me or something and they started heading out. I had a hard time telling the difference between the gobblers and the hens with them moving all around and through the bush. Finally one of the last ones “PUFFED” up, to show off to his mate or something and I jumped up from behind the bush and shot it with my new Bennelli Shotgun I just bought from Bob in Texas. Anyway, the gun worked fine non-the-less and the bird dropped fine.

The bird had about a 5" beard I guess and I don't know how to measure spurs.... ?~?~?

Wylee worked around after I shot but the birds took flight as soon as I shot. Amazing how quick and far those birds can fly when they want to. With dark approaching soon, the canyon was too deep to try to get back into them. Fortunately the season is long and we’ll be back out again soon to chase Wylee down one……..

HEre is a picture taken when We got back to my place......

home.jpg

Thanx guys !!!!

The bird had about a 5" beard I guess and I don't know how to measure spurs.... ?~?~? I also didn't weigh it. I'm guessing it's AVERAGE ?!? Maybe 15-18 lbs ?~?~? All I know is carrying it out it got heavy.. not like "ELK" heavy, but still non-the-less.. :D

I took the tail feathers off and pinned them up in the garage to dry out after salting it. It looks pretty cool. I'm not sure If I'm doing it right but will post a picture later this week.

I then took the beared, Wrapped it in 2 papertowels, rolled it up tight, soaked it then Pinned that to the board. Maybe it will be a little straighter when it comes out ?!?!? I've never done that before , and it wasn't hanging straight So I thought I'd try .....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back