Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Going to Wisconsin

Heading out this weekend?

leaving early next tuesday for a straight solo shot in the truck actually. wife, baby, FIL, and MIL fly out wednesday morning. leaving the following sunday

it was me and one of my wife's cousins that hatched this hunt plan for this fall for me to come out to their properties. we sort of inadvertently kicked off a mini family reunion. should be a really good time.

original plan was for me to fly too. but southwest doesn't go to madison and every other airline sodomizes you on baggage fees. was starting to look like the costs of flying with hunting gear and bringing home meat would basically be the same as me driving. plus i can get out there early with a car seat and other baby stuff. will do another bow check the morning of the 1st and will get straight to the stand after i get a lay of the land from my extended in laws.

there's a place to shoot my bow 10 minutes from my office so i'm just using lunch breaks to get some range time in this week.

I’m chomping my Big Mac in Kearney right now. Hopefully start getting some recap going here in the next couple days.

Yes there was a fish fry! Though I had to reheat it of course after missing the party while in the stand watching deer run about out of range all evening
Can't wait. Buck movement is really picking up. Next time, plan your trip exactly 7 days later from your start :)

Can't wait. Buck movement is really picking up. Next time, plan your trip exactly 7 days later from your start :)

Deer movement was high, little buck movement was high, but yea it seemed big buck movement was just starting to heat up as I left.

A lot of the pictures of good deer being shot started flowing in to my cousin in laws phone Sunday.

I had a lot of wrong place wrong time moments. Would switch stands and then see camera pics of what was at the stand I had just left the next day…. Ugh. You just can never Know where exactly you should be, that’s one of the primary dice rolls out there I realized

Deer movement was high, little buck movement was high, but yea it seemed big buck movement was just starting to heat up as I left.

A lot of the pictures of good deer being shot started flowing in to my cousin in laws phone Sunday.

I had a lot of wrong place wrong time moments. Would switch stands and then see camera pics of what was at the stand I had just left the next day…. Ugh. You just can never Know where exactly you should be, that’s one of the primary dice rolls out there I realized
Yes indeed. The curse of cameras. They will drive a hunter crazy!

Looking forward to the updates. Was a slow weekend about two hours north of where you were at, with a lot of action during the week last week, and apparently picking up again today. My mother in law was watching my boys today and saw this guy out the south window.

Attachments

• IMG_5900.jpeg
    IMG_5900.jpeg
    615.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5899.jpeg
    IMG_5899.jpeg
    872.3 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member