Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Going to an actual rodeo. How does it work?

I went down like a 10 vid YouTube hole on bull riding around Christmas time.
There’s some funny rules.
Like the riders get to pick which bull they ride based on a drawing or previous results or something and apparently some of them are easier to ride than others.
I think each rider has their own rope thing that’s definitely tied around the waist and possibly to the bulls hog but idk.
Basically they get the bull in a real tight pen made of gates where it’s tight enough that it can’t move around too much and the rider then gets on its back and has a certain amount of time to secure that rope before he gets put on the shot clock and then he’s just gotta get that rope as tight as he can and go.
I’d be trying to sit as close to those pens or I think they’re called chutes as possible because it gets pretty hectic and intense when the dudes trying to get the rope tied on and those big mf’s start raising up and moaning and trying to smash the riders legs into the gates and shit.
Then the gate drops and the guy tries to ride it one handed for 8 seconds or something.
Wild af.
Kinda weird that they’re allowed to wear arm braces.

And pregame with some Chris Ledoux photo finish and hooked on an eight second ride.

If they bring out a stock trailer of sheep and a passel of kindergarteners you will know it is a right good rodeo.

Someone else mentioned this earlier in the thread and you ar both right. The Mutton Busting event is a very enjoyable even to watch. Wild cow milking can also provide some laughs.

To answer on the open forum what was asked of me privately . The short answer to why women are not able to compete with the men is 'strength", especially upper body strength. However their has been and is some who want to compete and a group called the Rougstock Girls has gained a bit of traction. I do not know her but since we have several members here from MT, someone here might know Wylee Brown, who resides in Montana and loves competing in rodeos.

My family listened to country and I have no idea how many times I heard songs like, Amarillos By Morning, I Can Still Make Cheyenne, Mamma dont let you babies grow up to be cowboys---on the way to a rodeo ;)

forgot, yes we have been to the rodeo in Las Vegas, but unfortunately only as a spectator :(

p.s. forgot one of my grandfathers favorite songs. Tanya Tucker, Texas, when I die

Last edited:
My family listened to country and I have no idea how many times I heard songs like, Amarillos By Morning, I Can Still Make Cheyenne, Mamma dont let you babies grow up to be cowboys---on the way to a rodeo ;)
I absolutely love songs about the rodeo, but I’ve had my butt kicked by too many relatively tame horses to ever try it.
Those people are crazy

The mutton busting is my favorite part. I usually know a couple of the tiny humans riding sheep so its fun to see. The rest of it I could do without. Total meh. Nice venue to socialize, tho, something I dont do much of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back