Caribou Gear

Going to an actual rodeo. How does it work?

A207X2

Wife and I have been invited to go with some friends to see the Professional Rodeo when it comes to town over Memorial Day Weekend. I've never seen one except on TV - and even then it was only Yellowstone 🤠.

I know about the events, but what I don't know is if we go just one night or both nights? Is it the same events - but like golf where you have to make the cut to be in the final night?

Thanks, Pardner!

Make the cut. Usually prelims the first day, but some rodeos will do all of one event the first day. Like barrel racing completely the first day the bull riding completely the second day.

Maybe ask for the schedule?

Also don't miss mutton busting!

Also check out What boots thread there are some great "Pro Tips". Also there might be some other proper dress attire for the second night...such as "White Stetson or black" or "Do I wear a leather vest or wool?" "Skoal or Copenhagen?" Man I would be a nervous wreck almost as bad as filling out a hunt application for Montana!

You don’t have to go to both nights. The finals will likely be on the second night, but you will see the same events the first night and it will be just as fun.

One heads up, if your wife is an animal lover, she might not like to see calf roping. The calf is roped while running full speed and it’s not pretty when the rope tightens.

Make sure you stay to the end. Bull riding is always the last event and that’s what everyone wants to see.

Nobody cares what you wear unless YOU want to be noticed. Jeans for sure, boots if you have them. Hats are optional. The finals are always the best but any session is fun to go to. If you go, it will not be your last.

It’s definitely a good time. Steer wrestling and roping are always fun to watch and obvious the bull riding. I always enjoy rodeos.

The Copenhagen model girls seem to have a wardrobe figured out lol. They get a lot of attention with their selection of clothing.

The guys have brought some humor to the thread and their off color comments are not wasted when at a rodeo, whether in the stands or at the chutes.

I love rodeos and have attended and participated in them all my life. My advice of course is go every day/night. The opening ceremony the first night is special and the new Breakaway calf roping for women is a good event, although I still prefer to compete with the men in calf roping. Also the Barrel racing is usually only females. The bull riding is alway considered the main event and this is when the clowns earn their keep. They are a very important part of the Bull Riding event.

You do not need to spend a fortune on new "cowboy" clothes to go to a rodeo. Dress casual - have fun

Someone mentioned the calf roping might be hard for your wife to watch. Someone ask me once if that hurt the calfs and I told them not a much as branding ;)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back