Yeti GOBOX Collection

Going for mountain lion this week for the first time . . .

Don’t overgun yourself. Small exit holes are a good thing. They have short hair and huge holes don’t hide well. Other than that treat it just like any other hide. Good luck

Find a good taxi, cat faces are not easy to get right. Even a rug has a face to mount.
The sewing is time consuming so you will pay for a rug.
I would go look at some mt lion mounts in the shops you are considering for the rug.

Good luck! Are you with a guide? I would assume if you're with a guide they'd know how to skin. If you're not far from home, I'd get your taxidermist picked out and bring the whole cat in if possible. Then the taxidermist is able to skin it the way they want!

If you need to, it isn’t hard to skin a lion and leave the feet and head for the taxi to do. For that matter, it really isn’t hard to fully cape one with a Havalon. Check to see if the hide and skull have to be intact when you get it tagged.

Make your cuts just like you would for a full bear rug, along the backs of the legs. Roll it up and freeze it.

Good luck.

By the way take all of the meat. It is amazing. If you are hunting in Idaho and don’t want it PM me. I would pack it out it is that good!! As good as any veal or pork you can get in the United States.

By the way take all of the meat. It is amazing. If you are hunting in Idaho and don’t want it PM me. I would pack it out it is that good!! As good as any veal or pork you can get in the United States.
I'm really excited about the meat. Spoke with a taxidermist today. He said it's excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back