MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Going back up...

Canoe

Well, I hunted the opening weekend, with no success. I didn't even see a legal buck (alive anyway). Spent three days hiking around, and even found a 5 point bull complete skeleton. I took the skull with me when I left, but I totally spaced looking for the ivories. The top part of the skull had seperated from the rest.

Anyways, I am going to go back up in the morning tomorrow to try to find a buck, and maybe I will hike in to that elk skeleton and try to find those ivories. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it...

Good luck, Canoe.

Those ivories seem to crack pretty quickly. I've only ever found one in good shape from a skeleton.

Oak

I was wondering if they would be eaten by rodents or something, I never thought about them cracking apart, oh well, I'll let you know what I find.

Good luck ,hope you find one you want to shoot.
I still have a deer tag left so leave something for me :D

Good luck Canoe.... MAybe you'll bag something.. Everyone else has....

Ohhh wait, I still haven't :eek: :eek:

Well, I got back monday evening. Didn't see anything that I wanted to shoot, but I did see more deer than the previous trip.

I also saw a really nice 6 point bull on the 14th, go figure....

Zack got a shot at a dink and missed, he spent a little too much time trying to decide if he wanted to shoot it, then when the buck started to run, he decides to take a shot. Missed him clean, but it was fun and we had a good laugh about it later.

I will only be able to go back up for the last weekend, so I have a couple of weeks to stew about the big bucks that I didn't see.

Anyways, good luck to all that still have tags, and congrats to those who have filled theirs.

Later, Canoe.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back