MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

GoHunt Mobile Maps -Release Postponed

The link is for INSIDERS only, but yes, Lorenzo emailed everyone. This definitely throws a wrench in some gears for me...

Here's the note:

"As Western hunters, we know that things have to be done the right way. 3D Maps, Draw Odds, and Filtering 2.0 were built right to solve real problems. goHUNT Maps on mobile is the same: We’re solving problems by building things that have never been done before. Unfortunately, we've had to make a difficult decision about the mobile app and push it until after the hunting season. Our tech team is working night and day on the iOS and Android apps. Throughout hunting season, the apps are being field-tested by a core group of hunters including goHUNT staff and some of our closest partners. We are excited to share the app when it solves the right problems, the right way. In the meantime, you can plan with our 3D Maps and tools and then export to take it in the field with your Garmin or any other offline mapping tool. Thank you for being an INSIDER."

Not sure if anyone else noticed but OnX had a 3D beta of there app up last night. I was driving back from a hunt and a little 3D icon popped up. Looked awesome!

I felt like the GoHunt system wasn't ready for prime time when they rolled it out a couple of months ago. I eould rather the system come out right the first and not have to help debug it. Don't get me wrong, its pretty cool, but its not ready to replace any of my other mapping platforms yet.

Not sure if anyone else noticed but OnX had a 3D beta of there app up last night. I was driving back from a hunt and a little 3D icon popped up. Looked awesome!

Just tried to play with this on my iPad, but couldn’t figure out how to make anything 3D looking after pushing the button.

It was on mine earlier today but don’t see it anymore.

i did a bunch of scouting on the go hunt map when i launched.. turned out you couldn't export anything before my hunt so i had to transfer everything by hand. it was a pain but the concept is pretty sweet and i liked it better than importing a bunch of layers to GE. hopefully they get the bugs worked out because it will be nice having some competition to onX as we will just get better products in the end

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back