Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Go hunt draw odds?

duckhunt

When does gohunt update the draw odds information? I'm doing some research for our 2022 Wyoming doe fawn antelope hunt. Looked at gohunt and started a list of units I'm interested in. Then I got curious and looked at Wyoming game and fish draw odds. According to gohunt my first choice unit is 97% but Wyoming site says 11.21%. I'm hoping they just haven't updated their website yet.

Plus remember wy is likely cutting antelope tags again but every zone obviously is different. Watch for regional change proposals in a few months to help make right decision.

Forget about the draw odds and will someone please tell me how many members there are so I can calculate my odds for the monthly giveaways?

If my odds are 1:50,000 I'm throwing in the towel.
Nobody over there will tell you how many members there are.....

Forget about the draw odds and will someone please tell me how many members there are so I can calculate my odds for the monthly giveaways?

If my odds are 1:50,000 I'm throwing in the towel.
Nobody over there will tell you how many members there are.....
Only 50,000 seems low. Especially now having maps

I just subscribed to gohunt a few weeks ago. I'm hoping I didn't waste my money.
You didn’t waste you money BUT the best info from goHunt is no longer the draw odds. goHunt has caused other companies to step up their draw odds game and now most sources offer correct draw odds. In my opinion goHunt offers a much better layout and better sorting through both their Filtering 2.0 and Draw Odds menus than other services I’ve tried. Filtering 2.0 offers some pretty cool filtering options that tell you more about a unit and hunt date than just your draw odds, and Draw Odds gives you very convenient historic draw odds data as well as a great look at how point levels have effected draw odds historically.

What is likely the best thing on goHunt is the info offered in strategy articles, and the unit specific info. A few years back I let my goHunt subscription expire because a baby was on the way and application season was halfway through. I drew an AZ elk tag, and kept driving past this large chunk of private that appeared to be owned by a business. I figured that a fellow who knew someone there could probably get permission. I also considered walking into the office and asking, but didn’t. Come application season I renewed my subscription, and just for kicks read about the unit I had drawn in AZ. Right there in their unit specific info it said that there was a large chunk of land owned by said company WHO ALLOWED PUBLIC HUNTING ACCESS and it was worth checking out if you drew that tag! Geez! Then I start working on my Utah app and notice that I can’t find where Utah publishes how many tags are available. I spend 3hrs going through Utah tags and can’t find the answer. I go to goHunt, and bam, in five minutes in the strategy article they tell me that Utah does not publish how many tags are available per hunt code until after applications are due. goHunt would have saved me three hours.

One weakness of GoHunt’s draw odds is that they absolutely do not account for changes. I get it, they aren’t predicting the future. That said, when they absolutely knew that NM was changing their rounding rule, they published draw odds for hundreds of codes with reduced tags MANY OF WHICH WERE REDUCED TO ZERO. For crying out loud, at least don’t publish non-zero draw odds for codes with zero tags. If you know that big tag number changes have occurred for a certain code, you need to be aware that goHunt’s philosophy is simply to publish what happened last year, and that for that hunt code, their odds are worse than meaningless. I get it. If they publish what happened last year, they are absolutely correct. The moment they plug a future variable into what happened in the past, they are just guessing. I still suspect that it has really mislead some folks who weren’t paying close attention. They also have published non-zero draw odds for NR hunt codes in NM with zero NR tags. Is it possible to draw those tags? Yes. BUT ONLY AS A FOURTH CHOICE. Fourth choice in NM is accepting ANY left over tag for your first choice weapon type INCLUDING ANTLERLESS, for ANY date, in ANY unit that lies within your selected quadrant and has NOTHING to do with your first three choices. I wonder how many people put one of those hunt codes with zero tags into their first three choices, but did not select a fourth choice. Doing so gives you ZERO percent chance of drawing. If you did select a fourth choice, having that hunt code as one of your first three WOULD NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF DRAWING. Selecting one of those hunt codes was a total waste of a choice, yet there they were with non-zero draw odds on goHunt, yet totally lacking the explanation of how they would be drawn, and what a waste it would be for you to apply for it.

I LOVE goHunt. They aren’t perfect, but they are well worth the money.

You didn’t waste you money BUT the best info from goHunt is no longer the draw odds. goHunt has caused other companies to step up their draw odds game and now most sources offer correct draw odds. In my opinion goHunt offers a much better layout and better sorting through both their Filtering 2.0 and Draw Odds menus than other services I’ve tried. Filtering 2.0 offers some pretty cool filtering options that tell you more about a unit and hunt date than just your draw odds, and Draw Odds gives you very convenient historic draw odds data as well as a great look at how point levels have effected draw odds historically.

What is likely the best thing on goHunt is the info offered in strategy articles, and the unit specific info. A few years back I let my goHunt subscription expire because a baby was on the way and application season was halfway through. I drew an AZ elk tag, and kept driving past this large chunk of private that appeared to be owned by a business. I figured that a fellow who knew someone there could probably get permission. I also considered walking into the office and asking, but didn’t. Come application season I renewed my subscription, and just for kicks read about the unit I had drawn in AZ. Right there in their unit specific info it said that there was a large chunk of land owned by said company WHO ALLOWED PUBLIC HUNTING ACCESS and it was worth checking out if you drew that tag! Geez! Then I start working on my Utah app and notice that I can’t find where Utah publishes how many tags are available. I spend 3hrs going through Utah tags and can’t find the answer. I go to goHunt, and bam, in five minutes in the strategy article they tell me that Utah does not publish how many tags are available per hunt code until after applications are due. goHunt would have saved me three hours.

One weakness of GoHunt’s draw odds is that they absolutely do not account for changes. I get it, they aren’t predicting the future. That said, when they absolutely knew that NM was changing their rounding rule, they published draw odds for hundreds of codes with reduced tags MANY OF WHICH WERE REDUCED TO ZERO. For crying out loud, at least don’t publish non-zero draw odds for codes with zero tags. If you know that big tag number changes have occurred for a certain code, you need to be aware that goHunt’s philosophy is simply to publish what happened last year, and that for that hunt code, their odds are worse than meaningless. I get it. If they publish what happened last year, they are absolutely correct. The moment they plug a future variable into what happened in the past, they are just guessing. I still suspect that it has really mislead some folks who weren’t paying close attention. They also have published non-zero draw odds for NR hunt codes in NM with zero NR tags. Is it possible to draw those tags? Yes. BUT ONLY AS A FOURTH CHOICE. Fourth choice in NM is accepting ANY left over tag for your first choice weapon type INCLUDING ANTLERLESS, for ANY date, in ANY unit that lies within your selected quadrant and has NOTHING to do with your first three choices. I wonder how many people put one of those hunt codes with zero tags into their first three choices, but did not select a fourth choice. Doing so gives you ZERO percent chance of drawing. If you did select a fourth choice, having that hunt code as one of your first three WOULD NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF DRAWING. Selecting one of those hunt codes was a total waste of a choice, yet there they were with non-zero draw odds on goHunt, yet totally lacking the explanation of how they would be drawn, and what a waste it would be for you to apply for it.

I will admit when I discovered their filter process I was like a kid at Christmas.

GoHunt gives draw odds for prior years only. It's up to each individual to extrapolate how they think any changes will impact their odds. IMO that's the only data they should provide. Anything else would be a complete guess.

I like Go Hunt and found it very helpful. How accurate the odds are ....well they are accurate enough for me considering that dont have to leg work for them.

I get my odds from the state, and use goHunt for other things. Their mapping is a no go for me; the local unit I hunt has poor imagery. You can zoom out and see the transition line from good imagery to bad and I'm in the bad.

GoHunt gives draw odds for prior years only. It's up to each individual to extrapolate how they think any changes will impact their odds. IMO that's the only data they should provide. Anything else would be a complete guess.
It’s not a guess if they know that ZERO tags are available this year to inform you that last year’s draw odds are meaningless because this year they are ZERO.

goHunt could easily place an asterisk, or add special information pointing out tag reductions or rule changes that would have major impacts on draw odds. They can do the very same thing for cases in which a hunt is only available as a fourth choice.

go hunt is now updated for 2022 on wyoming and a couple other states,,i was looking at wyoming and was wondering particuarly on antelope with the big winterkill cuts they had last year ,if the trend will be the same this year or if they will allocate more or less tags?there were major cuts last year and wonder if a person should average them out//look at the trend?//or only go by last years numbers?i think its still to early to guess how this winter is yet for tag allotments isnt it?this can really change how many points you need for particular units?or if tag numbers are increased a unit that took 6 points mite only take 3 or 4 this year..i also check the wyoming game site to compare,,was last year abnormal?hard to guess?

Can’t rely on a single source of information. The guy at the Dairy Queen in Casper once told me a spot I could kill an elk 100 out of 100 times, no question about it.
Guess we need to stop at DQ on the next Casper trip.

Hey Everyone, I just wanted to drop in here to add some transparency on the 2022 odds.

We are currently heavily into the testing phase. This includes manually checking every single hunt code from the state data to our own processed data. Accuracy is our #1 goal and manual is the only way to go!

Currently, we have Alaska, Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming odds live on the site with several more states on deck. We are hoping to keep these rolling out at a steady pace.

Good luck to everyone in the draws and please feel free to ask any questions, thank you!

Hey Everyone, I just wanted to drop in here to add some transparency on the 2022 odds.

We are currently heavily into the testing phase. This includes manually checking every single hunt code from the state data to our own processed data. Accuracy is our #1 goal and manual is the only way to go!

Currently, we have Alaska, Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming odds live on the site with several more states on deck. We are hoping to keep these rolling out at a steady pace.

Good luck to everyone in the draws and please feel free to ask any questions, thank you!
Are there any plans to add South Dakota to the list?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back