MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

GMU 25/26

BraidenR

Hey everyone,

I finally have taken the first step in hopefully harvesting a nice high country buck. I drew a muzzleloader tag for GMU 25/26 this year.

I do have a few specific questions about some access points/road conditions and trailheads if anybody who has hunted would be willing to attempt to address them before I show up. Unfortunately I don't have time to scout but spending time e-scouting.

Also if you had a buck come out of these units and want to share post them up. I will share if I am blessed to fill a tag.

Since the hunt is now over I have to say that this was a great hunt. I really struggled the first several days in finding deer and especially the bigger bucks. I only had 5 days to hunt and didn't find a buck worth chasing until day 4. On day 5 I was able to turn him up again and a few more. I was able to get into 60 yards but when he jumped up he ran straight away from me and never provided an ethical shot. While things did not turn out how I hoped it was an excellent hunt, wonderful country, great experience, and met a lot of great guys along the way. Looking forward to trying again next year.

For those who mentioned to get a bear tag, I definitely second that. I didn't because I was afraid my attention would have been pulled away from my real target. That being said, along the way I had one bear at under 100 yards, glassed one a couple miles out, and talked to several folks who either shot or seen one during their first couple days out.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back