Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Glad I “ruined” your hunt. Yes you deserve to die and I hope you burn in hell!

Sir this is a Wendy's
Let me preface this by saying I have no fing idea how to hunt elk.
I’m trying to learn.
Sorry if I “ruin” anyone else’s experience.

Past couple days have been pretty cool.
Hiked into a hters honey hole and spent a couple nights.
Jumped a nice bull, nearly got trampled by muley fawns and got awoken from a midday nap by a sow with a cub trying to get my backpack full of sausage.
So freaking cool! Got to yell my first “hey bear!” ever!
She ran off and her cub shot to a tree. So awesome.

Anyways, I hike down and get to the bottom of the drainage right next to the main trail and decide I’m gonna hike up the hill a little ways, hide behind a bush and see if the bull I jumped a couple days before come out.
I was hiking on the main trail, admittedly throwing out pointless cow calls and looking like I have no idea what I’m doing when suddenly I hear
“Hey! What the hell are you doing?!!!
Get out of here!!! Get! Out! Of! Here! Now!
Under normal circumstances Dougs Chrondre le’McCafe is a calm, collected guy who’s not looking for any trouble.
But when you’re yelling at me to get off our public lands, especially the main trail, you #*^@#* yourself.
So I give him hell back
“Well boss, there’s still like an hour of shooting light left and you’re yelling like an idiot. You want to know what ruing hunts? Yelling.
We go back and forth.
He informs me that’s a landowner at the other end of the trail and he’s been there 5 days.
Cool bro you and your 3 buddies hiked in 3 miles from your house and camped? Cool story bro. Core af.
I tell him to “have a lovely evening sweetheart”
He tells me
“We’re cross gonna cross each other up here. We’ll talk then”
I walked down to the bottom of the ridge he was on. He never comes down.

Get up this morning, pack up camp, start hiking up the main trail past their spots and start playing he Eddie V solo from beat it on that bugling tube.
I was tapping, playing it behind my head, jumping off of amplifiers...
It worked, I called in his buddy.
His buddy was cool af we shot the shit, exchanged phone numbers and told him to call me if they were gonna be back out because I would let them have the area.
Peace and chicken grease bro.

I start climbing up out of the drainage on the main trail and spot his other buddies a couple hundred yards away because it’s 7am, the sun hasn’t even come over the mountain yet and I’ve absolutely ruined their hunt and there’s absolutely no way any more animals would come out in that spot even though all 4 of us have been walking around in there for 5 days.

I drop my pack and walk over to them.
“Y’all the dudes who yelled at me last night?”
“Yeah I was, I was set up on a bear yesterday morning and last night and you ruined both of them!
“this is public land, you’re on a main hiking trail dude. We can to the trailhead and you can see the log of how many people have hiked out here.
We go back and forth. I call him an idiot asshole a few times.
He’s asks if I want to fight.
I thought the Charlie Daniels song “the last thing I wanted was to get in a fight in Jackson Mississippi on a Saturday night, especially when there was three of them and only one of me.
So I call him a $*)Q!#@$ idiot and walk offa few steps

We get back into arguing:
“Can you not understand my frustration that you blew out my bear”

“yes, I understand your frustration, but I don’t understand getting mad and yelling at someone to “get off” OUR public lands. You’re an asshole, completely in the wrong and you’re hunting 200yds from your tent.”

“Peace and love hommies. Keep it low but keep it lit. I’m outa here. call me if you’re coming back out. Party on”

Anyways #*^@#* that guy.
If you see a dumbass flatlander wandering around aimlessly.
Approach him like a human with common sense and courtesy and try to work something out.
I hate super hunters!
This is vacation bro!

Woo. That trip was a bust.
Hiked in 5mi and found 5 bros camped directly in the bottom.
Hiking down drainage last night I ran into 3 guys and a horse camped about halfway up.
Currently packing out a stove pipe some slop dick hit tent hunters left behind with their 4pt skull they were to proud to carry out.
Just got up out of the drainage and onto the ridge 5 ish more miles to the car.
About to go destroy one of those giant chicken fried steaks @MTLabrador posts pictures of.
More details to come...
Well those are elk steaks so you have to kill an elk to get those…

In the words of Woodrow F. Call, "I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it."

#HeadsOnPikes
Love that scene...best part is Call calmly scanning the room after Gus pistol snouted the rude bartender.

*wrong scene, it was the quirt incident that Call used that quote

Last edited:
Well those are elk steaks so you have to kill an elk to get those…
It’s not looking like that’s gonna happen anytime soon, but I didn’t make it up elbert the first time either 😎
And I should’ve got some good outdoors karma for carrying out that stove pipe so 🤷‍♂️

“You see me down here god?!?! You see me carrying this stove pipe?!?!”

I’ll see the balloons and raise this
DAD38212-2861-4309-803D-DFEA07D0C5C5.jpeg

It’s not looking like that’s gonna happen anytime soon, but I didn’t make it up elbert the first time either 😎
And I should’ve got some good outdoors karma for carrying out that stove pipe so 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 239294
Duct tape that stovepipe to the end of your bugle tube for a 300% increase in effectiveness.

Duct tape that stovepipe to the end of your bugle tube for a 300% increase in effectiveness.
In hindsight, I wish I would’ve left the bugle tube in the car on day one, but whatever, you live you learn.
It worked once before!

View attachment 239294
Wondered where I lost that. Can you drop it off on your way home?

Based on the mossy oak camo and old beat up pickup and horse trailer I think the native Coloradans I met halfway down the drainage last night are the most likely people to get an elk out of there.
I bet they’ll go where it’s steep and I get scared.

They signed the logbook at the trailhead
Name: sparkles and billy the kid.
Mode of transport: levitation
Destination: the void
😂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back