Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Girls getting it done.....

FishN4Eyes

If any of you want to add an element of challenge to your hunting, I suggest you take two 15 year old girls hunting.

Between bouts of playing grab-ass, giggling and wrestling in the cactus, we somehow managed to sneak within range of this apparently-mentally challenged buck.

In all seriousness, I had a helluva lot of fun with these two ladies and Ally, my youngest daughter, made a real nice shot on this nice buck with her best friend Maddie laying right beside us.

They both play volleyball and have all kinds of honors classes and tons of homework so it was a real treat for Dad to have them fit me in their busy schedule and take time out from friends, volleyball, homework and boys (slap my head!) to spend the day hunting antelope.

A big breakfast and a couple napping girls later and we were back in town in time to work on the school work.

asap_zpse73fef69.jpg

photo4_zps2022e55c.jpg

photo5_zps46a1b46d.jpg

AllyMaddie_zps96e4dd1a.jpg

AllyMaddie2_zps02a2c7ca.jpg

Last edited:
hahaahaa! Sounds familiar! :D Great to see so many guys taking the kids along - gotta love it!! Good work ladies!! (and dad)

Congrats to all. I'm sure it was challenging and very different hunting with 15 year old girls.

Have you had a mental breakdown yet?

Congrats to all. I'm sure it was challenging and very different hunting with 15 year old girls.

Have you had a mental breakdown yet?

Definitely working on one!

Actually both these knuckleheads are about as good as it gets and they both spend a ton of time with us.

Maddie is kind of our "adopted" daughter and both apparently still like me and Mom and aren't too embarrassed to be seen in public with us.

Guess we'll give that about six months.....:D

great deal,,, hopefully they will continue to be outdoorswomen in the future and recruit others,,,

Awesome!!! My daughter is only 4, but I can just see it now..........

Way to go. The fact that they still spend time with you speaks a lot to your qualities as a dad. Girls rock!

Super!! Those memories are pure gold. Great seeing the young ladies in the field and just plain having fun. Judging from the pics, I'm guessing you know what a 'selfie' is now... ;)

Super!! Those memories are pure gold. Great seeing the young ladies in the field and just plain having fun. Judging from the pics, I'm guessing you know what a 'selfie' is now... ;)

Yes, I was indoctrinated into the selfie photo world...

They took my phone while I was busy doing the gutting chores and went to town.

Got home and started scrolling through the pics and it was a "WTH?" moment.

Good girls those two are.

:)Been there, done that. Sometimes you wonder if it is worth it, but it always is. My youngest turns twelve next year and can't wait to go antelope hunting. I can't wait to take her.

Very cool,looks like they are having a good time. Congrats to Ally on the nice buck.

Who needs boys when you got a pair of gals to keep an eye on like that! Looks like they really enjoyed themselves, fantastic to see a great day was had.

Very nice! I'll never forget our youngest girl's first deer, then later on her first buck. It all started with her first squirrel! Enjoy it while you can, they grow up way too fast. By the way, I found out a few years ago that my father carries a picture in his wallet of me at the age of 15 with my first deer, a 7 point buck. I'm now 52. Says something about pride in your kids, don't it?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back