Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Gift Guidance

Europe

I have a friend in the States that dearly loves muzzleloaders/flintlock type firearms.

He has had an exception tough year and I want to gift him

An Isaac Berlin style long rifle. My husband had one custom made by a fellow named Martin in Pa in the mid 90's that he always admired.

or/and

a German Jaeger type, a Canoe/Fowler , and/or maybe a Flintlock Pistol .

He always enjoyed my husbands Jaegar and Long rife. But he has also mentioned the Fowler a few times.

Anyway, Please let me know if Allen Martin still makes good rifles and has anyone bought anything from Antique Arms recently --and your experience with either or both.

and--please- advise who you would contact if you were buying one of the aforementioned

Thanks for the assist

Last edited:
April,hope this helps.
Allen Martin-allenmartinarms.net
1-570-713-8348

Antique Arms
antiquearmsinc.com

I don't have any knowledge of Blackpowder other than a percussion pistol
I built from a kit my father gave me 40yrs. ago I have been to afraid to
shoot it for fear of it blowing up in my hands!!Ha!,Ha!❤ dirtclod Az.

Those are out of my league, no help to you. Sounds like a pretty good friend. Good luck searching.

April, I have no personal experience, but remember Tom at LEL had a rifle made by Allen Martin and it was beautiful. If you have lost contact with him, ask Dr Mike, he could steer you toward him I believe . For the Jaeger, contact Aleena. remember her husband hunts Africa with them and if the Jaeger are the short ones, I think those are the ones he prefers, so they would know where to find them.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back