Getting started on Wolf #3

DaveHawk

Drew the Wolf out last week and it's been starring me down every evening. Need to get painting.
IMAG0479.jpg

I feel I am getting the hang of working with the Inks now and learning to use the water color qualities of them. This started out a bit scary for me but after a few mistakes I seem to be back on track.
378518_2816074319650_1192592773_3143229_484057816_n.jpg

You are capturing the moment when the wolf figured out he was being watched? It seems like the next "frame" of the movie would be an exit, stage right. Love to watch the process. Thanks for sharing.

My friend who took the pictures in Yellowstone has a eye for capturing wildlife. This wolf I saw in a picture at a customers home in one of them 10 Mil homes outside DC. I knew the wolf right off when I saw the picture. So he is a well known wolf in the Yellowstone park.

Thanks, this weekend is my 30th anniversary and my wife said I have to leave my painting and inks at home. I'm taking her to the beach for the weekend. There is no TV , so now I need to get creative lol

I've never been a fan of animal art myself , so when I do them I need to make them my own with personality to make them enjoyable to look at. It takes me anywhere from 75 to a little over 100 hours to do one. It is all done with ink on water color paper. For me I can spent the time and although I do get board at some of the places in the painting I still look at each square inch as a painting in a painting. Back in college my good friend and mentor told me that a master would see his work in that way so it is interesting 100% to the viewer.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

Back