MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Getting so fired up!!!

bmontang

I am starting to get that kid in the candy store excitedness about CO first rifle. It’s a little over a week away until I head west and it can’t come soon enough.

So many possibilities and positive outlook. Even though two of my sons can’t make it due to personal reasons this season is still hitting different.

Can’t wait.

I was hoping first rifle would be less crowded. Doesn’t sound like the case
Tags for first rifle seasons are limited in number. Hunter densities will only be affected by the permits CPW decided beforehand to issue and not by online hype.

Last edited:
Tags for first rifle seasons are limited in number. Hunter densities will only be affected by the permits CPW decided beforehand to issue and not by online hype.
And there won’t be any deer hunters

Yeaa!! First rifle really can be a great season. I'll be headed up to but also in the midst of an out of state move so will likely be only for a few days. Either way it'll be great to get into the hills. It is usually less crowded overall but depending on the unit/access hunters can be pretty concentrated.

Same my friend! I feel like everyday I spent more time re-viewing my e-scouting, packing list and plans than I do working. I cannot wait to be out there... hopefully hear some late rut bugles, and get a nice elk amongst the multi colored leafy backdrop that is Colorado right now. It's going to be awesome.

Only 9 more days til I hit the road and check out from reality

I’m heading that way on the 12th myself. I’ve wanted to hunt 1st rifle ever since I found out about western hunting, many years later I’m finally doing it.
About half my gear is packed, I’ve already test loaded the truck up to see how I was gonna fit everything.

Hopefully by this time next week a few of us will be glassing our first bull and moving in on a stalk. I can't wait to get out there - and I'm sure my wife is ready for me to go too 😂 pre-cooked all my meals so I can just heat em up in hot water and have my packing list ready to go. The van has been cleaned out and stripped down to the essentials for chasing elk, can't wait to hunt out of this thing.

Hopefully by this time next week a few of us will be glassing our first bull and moving in on a stalk. I can't wait to get out there - and I'm sure my wife is ready for me to go too 😂 pre-cooked all my meals so I can just heat em up in hot water and have my packing list ready to go. The van has been cleaned out and stripped down to the essentials for chasing elk, can't wait to hunt out of this thing.

By this time next week I see myself already heading out of the woods with my first load. Of course, I think that every year about now, then reality sets in once I get there and remember I am no Big Fin. LOL.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back