Yeti GOBOX Collection

Getting coyotes close....

ERSS

Just finished and moved into our new house. It borders a large ranch, and I see coyotes everyday. Singles, doubles, as many as 6 at a time can be seen right from our deck at ranges from 80 to 1000+ yards. Went and talked to the guy who runs the ranch, and he gives no permission to shoot varmints that are on his land ( I guess I can understand that...it is a trophy elk ranch ).

Question is....Anyone willing to share some techniques on pulling those coyotes off the ranch and on to my ground or the surrounding land ( I have permission to hunt around the ranch down into the river bottoms which is public ). I have shot a few yotes in the past, but most have just been shots of opportunity, have not got much into calling and setting up just for the coyotes. Been looking at electronic calls, foxpro, extreme dimensions, etc.
Basically, I need to bring these guys in to under 100 yards to legally shoot them.

Here is a pic from last fall, but it shows the basic set up. Yotes seem to come out of the river bottoms on far side of ranch, but there are a few dens on my property as well.

Attachments

• front yard 2.jpg
    front yard 2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 285
I'm a novice predator hunter, but I find a decoy and my Fox Pro seem to work. The decoy helps keep them focused there and not on me. Hopefully, some more experienced guys will speak up.

I used to use a tape recording of babies crying that I made at St. Luke's Hospital in Boise. Worked great back in the seventies.
John

If dogs are not a problem try trapping them.Fairly easy to catch but hard to hold.Plus you can still try and shoot them.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back