Yeti GOBOX Collection

George P

Tobey

Remember the cat that gave us the slip monday afternoon????????????
Well when I was out checking the amazon rd.Paul sowed up at David's and they ran up on the hill and run that cat.It went about 100 yards and treed.Nice 35# cat with a fat belly(must be the beaver) I am Emailing you a pic.

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Unbelievable dale.Figures as soon as I left things would get good.When do you want to go again.Just tell me the days next week that are good for you and I will tell work I wont be there.I would like to rent davids place again if I come,it is real comfortable.
Was that the cat that whiskey lost on the road near the boat houses???Who did they run for dogs???

Hey, I want to see the cat...
biggrin.gif

I got the picture and it is a beauty.I was almost sick to my stomache thinking how close we came to getting him monday.20 yds clodser here and there........and ......

All the days I had to work.18" of the nicest powder snow you ever see and I had to shovel snow from roofs today.George they used sue on that cat yesterday.But today(when I was working)they used Lucy and Sue and caught a 25# tom on the ground right in front of David.She is now a cat hound!!!!!!mountain boomer if I new how to post a picture I would.If you know how George post it.
Tomorrow I will be working again AT GETTING A CAT LOL.Weather man says another 3" tonight

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Good Luck Dale.It sure would be nice to see a picture of whiskey on here with a cat tomorrow!!!!We are coyote hunting in Durham /Freeport tomorrow.Let us know how you do.

George hope you got a coyote today.
We put whiskey and cate (another plot of Pauls) on a track at about 7 am they both went out good cold trailing.At 11 am they finally jumped the cat 2 miles from where we started on it.That cat spent all night hunting.The snow is level with the dogs back.Them 2 dogs really worked good together taking terns breaking trail and working the track.After they jumped the cat circled 2 times in a good spot and then came out and ran our snow shoe trail back about 100 yards and into a alder thicket and got lost some how.I think the dogs had just wore out from all the swimming in deep snow for 5 hr's.I know I was LOL.At least we had a broke trail going back out.Wiskey did a fantastic job for being out of shape and a little heavy,Cate has been run hard for the last 2 months and there where never more then 8' between them all day.

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Glad she did good for you Dale.I wish I would have brought her up for you Dec 1.I thought I was going to do a lot of cat hunting down here.Once i got Diamond I concentrated on coyote hunting.I hope you get to pound some cats this week.I figured you would like Whiskey.It seems that everyone that has hunted with her on bear falls in love with her.I think mt Spot dog is a better dog all around but Whiskey is so easy to handle that people like her better.Did she open good on the cold trail yesterday?One good thing with her,if shes opening she is getting scent,you can trust her 100%
We killed 2 nice coyotes yesterday.Diamond started both and ran both by herself for a long time before we got younger,fresher dogs to her.I shot at the first one and Diamond was the only dog on it and was only 75 yards behind it.We then turned in 3 dogs in fron of her and they kind of ran away with it.She caught up when they bayed it up.She fights real good.
The second one she ran for hours by herself while we screwed around with a coyote the other dogs were running,I guess.Everytime I saw the other dogs they were just chasing each other up snowmobile trails.They are good fast hard fighting hounds but I dont think they are much on trailing when the running gets hard.I finally got to Diamond late in the afternoon and she was still just pounding every breath by herself.
We got 2 fresh dogs that hadnt been run yet that day to her.they blew her away of course.Coyote ran up near some houses when I heard the dogs baying.Then I heard a shot.We drove around to them and a homeowner came running down his driveway yelling to us.His neighbor had called him and said look in your back yard.The dogs were fighting the coyote right in his yard!!!!The guy came out with a .357 mag and when the dogs backed away he wacked him.Man he was wound up.Must have taken 20 pictures.About that time Diamond came through with the track.
One guy told me "boy she is kind of slow huh?"We would never have gotten either coyote if it werent for her.All this guy saw was who caught the coyote at the end.Kind of like treeing a bear Dale.You turn in 2 pack dogs to a jumped bear,they blow their minds treeing,and that is all some people notice.Not the dog who did all the real work.Striking,coldtrailing,straightening it out,etc.That to me is the real hound !!!!!!!

Hey Dale,I have next Monday off for a holiday.Maybe we can get together for a cat hunt then if you dont have plans.what do you think????

Sounds good George.
Looking at the wether forecast we are getting 12 to 18 inches of snow starting tonight.Theres almost to much snow now.If the dogs jump right of we can do good if they haft cold trail very long there all wore out by the time they jump.The cats get a small lead and go back to spreading there toes and walk on top.Thats what happened to us Saturday.

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back