Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Gear List

mrklean

I remember seeing a few different threads on gear lists but cant seem to find them anyone have them or have a gear list your would be willing to share. This would be early season archery/muzzy in Colorado.

Sorry multi-day trip

One question what size pack should one get for a 5-7 day hunt?

Anything over 2-3 days I'm bringing a 6000-7000 cubic inch pack. I just recently ordered the new Stone Glacier Talus 6900. I have also used the Sky 7400 from SG and loved it just think the Talus will be a good compromise between being a minimalist and a little organization.

I got the Sky 5100 last spring and took it on 5 different hunts backpack hunts since then and always had more than enough room. You can easily put your full camp and an elk hind quarter on your back with no problems.

would a 4900 cubic inch pack be to small for a 7 day trip if sleeping bag, tent and air mat are on the exterior?

My pack is a 5200 and I carried more than I needed to for a week long trip. I think its right about the perfect size depending on the quality of gear you have. High quality gear weighs less and takes up less space. If you're still building your gear collection and you aren't investing in wilderness level gear, then you may need more room. Also, newbies tend to bring lots of "what-if" gear that they never need or use.

You will find several lists on here as well as using google. You will find most people get all of a week long trip into a pack that runs between 4800-6000ci.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back