MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Gear List for 14 day sheep hunt

Bambi
We are getting pack horses in 12 miles to a base camp. We will hunt on 5-7 day stints out of base camp (1-7 miles, and keep a cache of food and supplies at base). The horses will stick around for 7 days, then leave.

So if we find my ram within 7 days it will be gravy getting it and the gear out. If we miss the 7 day mark, it will be work.

Moosie,

I'll let you know on the July reunion. We do want to come over to get away from the inlaws and catch up. I guess thats next month already.

T Bone

Take a picture of the Ram you want to Kill.. Don't settle for BOO BOO after 5 straight days of seeing nothing,REMEMBER WARREN
tongue.gif

Anyways, Bring a hunttalk.com hat for Shade and take a picture in it, If you make it in Eastmans with it, Hunttalk will give you kickbacks
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Seriously Tyson, I'm the LAst guy that should give you info with my LACK of water on trips and Old food stories !! But still wanted to Wish ya Good luck again !!! Looking foward to your Family reunion so you can Slip out for a BBQ at my place. Drop me a line sometime and Let me know if your still on and when...

T Bone,

Didn't see any rams on my Middle Fork raft trip, but did see several bands of ewes and lambs. Good luck on your hunt.

Paul

It looks like you have plenty of stuff for your hunt including advise, I will give you a good luck and hope to see pics of a big one and a great story from a great hunt..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
!!!GOOD LUCK!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Uh, I'm a rookie here so maybe I'm really missing out... but I looked that list over a couple of times and I can't find Whiskey anywhere on it. Nor can I find any mention of an extra horse for your hired call girl to ride.

Surely, you aren't making your Hooker hike in while you ride? And surely you aren't seriously considering being gone that long without a hip flask full of fire water?

Perhaps those items are just assumed to the serious sheep hunter and don't need to be listed.

But at first glance it would appear you are forgetting the two most important items on ANY hunt.
wink.gif

T-Bone,
I must respectfully disagree with LB and say bring the sat-phone. Eprib's are a good tool but limited. With the phone you can talk to someone. Epirbs go off accidentally all the time and can be slow to engage rescue. I have two Iridium phones at work and they're well worth the weight. You're going in on horses--bring it and leave it at base camp if you must. I'd also bring the range finder--you probably WON'T get multiple opportunities at quality rams and distances in the big canyons can be deceiving. Considering how hard it is to draw a bighorn tag anywhere, I'd bring it and use it.(jm2c)

Bring Tylenol and take some EVERY night. Really cuts down on the soreness factor.
You didn't mention a sleeping pad--bring one
I would also recommend a backpacking stove with only one pot...gathering firewood for daily cooking on a 2 week backpack hunt will become a detested chore before long. 2ea 22oz fuel bottles should last 2 weeks easy(unless you're going sheep hunting to lay around and eat)
Water? bring a pump filter or tablets
You may want to consider a bipod for the rifle too.
Somebody mentioned sandals(aqua socks are better) for stream crossings--a factor here in AK but shouldn't be in 27L(I've been there) but do bring something for camp-I prefer moccasin style slippers for camp to give my feet a rest.
Make sure your boots have removable insoles and remove them every night to air out.

Lastly I recommend a mix of spices for the grub(whatever you like) and dried fruit--freeze dried meals tend to bind me up after a few days.

Good luck to you

p.s. Remember--if the bottom curve of the horn is below his jawline...shoot him

Erik in AK,

I've made some adjustments to the list as I've gone along.

I updated my pack to a Kifaru.

The rangefinder is going. You're right, sheep hunts are few and far between and extra 6 oz won't be too big a deal.

For footwear in camp I'll wear a pair of flip flops.

No satellite phone or emergency beacon is going due to $. In reality, we aren't real isolated. If a real emergency occurs I or my Dad will go downhill and we'll be at the middle fork where there will be rafters.

Dried fruit is going, jerky, as well as spices for food and grouse.

I'll drop the hammer on any good mature ram. There is the real possibility of a 180 class ram in there, but won't hestitate on any mature ram.

Any and all feedback or commets are very welcome.

Dawg,

I'll skip the firewater, but if the call girl is willing and able to pack 100 pounds...give me the number. Sounds like you maybe a frequent flyer.
smile.gif

T Bone

I'd like to have something to back up my lighters if they fail. Some matches in a waterproof container or a matchless firestarter would be highly recommended.

I'm going to need this later this year.. I'm drawing on a Sheep tag, So I'll bump it so I can Pruint this out
smile.gif
smile.gif

I still think about this hunt a lot, thinking about the "what ifs". I've never hunted so hard without bringing home the animal I was after.....It almost happened with big rams twice.

If you draw, let me know 1st. I'll guarantee I can put in one week with you, if I'm invited. Hunting sheep in that area is unbelievable. It may be my hunt of a lifetime.

I'm hoping Melton has a booth at the FNAWS convention here tomorrow. I'm anxious to find out if his Boise hunter connected.

T-bone, Didn't mean to bring up the Past.

You'd be the 2nd to know. Well third actually, Cuz when I check the Computer for the Results, I will Scream that I got it run around the Office (So that will be one) My wife will be next, So she knows I'm putting our relationship on hold for the Next 5 months
wink.gif
And then I'll call you !!! then I'll spend the Rest of the Day Eating So I can gain the weight so I won't need to pack as much food... Makes sense right
tongue.gif

I know this hunt is long over but I can't believe nobody commented on the ammo count. I wouldn't go out in the woods to commit suicide with only 15 rounds. I hardly ever shoot more than a couple on a hunt like that but what if your rifle took some bangs and needed to be zero'd? Twice? It happens on rough hunts.

JB

These lists were developed for a 10 day to 21 day elk hunt in Dvorshack last October. Maybe something here will help.

Recommended clothing:
Clothing List

Working from the bottom up and inside out.

Next to skin Layer:
Skin lotion or conditioner (Corn Husker's) Don't laugh! Winter temperatures and the lack of humidity will dehydrate you. Lotion helps to prevent it and helps keep the skin healthy as well. Use it!
Silk, or man made fiber boot sock liner.
Non-cotton, briefs
Non-cotten "T" shirt

Undergarment Layer:
Wool or poly-blend boot sock
Non-cotton, silk or man made fiber long underwear bottom
Non-cotton, silk or man made fiber long underwear top

Outer Layer (1):
Insulated, water proof, medium to high top hiking/walking boot.
This should be of a leather top, air bob sole and contain either thinsulate or felt insulation. Proper fit is an absolute must.
Wool, or blended natural fiber trousers
Flannel, or blended natural fiber long sleeved shirt.
Gloves, glove liner, or mittens
Ski mask, hood, or watch cap

Outer Layer (2):
Exterior trouser, Chaps, bibs, or coveralls
Wool sweater, insulated vest, or coveralls
Scarf

Outer Layer (3)
Insulated coveralls

Outer Layer (4)
Blaze orange or blaze orange camo outer field coat, field jacket, vest, or parka of wind resistant and water resistant materials Hood or pile cap with ear flaps

Outer Layer (5)
Blaze orange or blaze orange camo cover, rain suit or poncho

When calculating clothing needs consider the following:

1. Some items may be worn more than one day. Some items may be washed and worn again.
2. Next to skin and undergarment items should be provided at the rate of four items or pairs for every seven days and plans made to wash them every fourth day.
3. Outer layer 1 items should be changed daily under ideal conditions; however, are normally worn up to three days in the field. Three sets should be planned.
4. A minimum of two pair of insulated hunting boots should be provided. These should be alternated daily to allow them to be kept dry. A third pair of foot wear should be available for in-tent/camp casual wear. An uninsulated pair of hunting boots should be provided in case weather conditions are unseasonably warm. A pair of light weight rubber boots may also be beneficial.
5. Additional items of clothing should be provided from each of the remaining categories in case the clothing being worn should become water soaked or otherwise temporarily unusable.
6. Visible clothing should be blaze orange or blaze orange camo.
7. Limit cotton fabrics and cotton blends to exterior layers. These tend to hold moisture, including perspiration and can cause freezing.

This is an Equipment Inventory of all my gear available for camp outs. It helps to make up checklists and remind me when something needs attention.

1. Shelters:

3 Room Dome Tent . (14x18x7) Sleeps 8
3 Room Dome Tent (9x14x6) Sleeps 6
*3 Room Wing Tent Sleeps 12
*1 Room Dome Tent (7x9x5) Sleep 2 to 4 (4 each)
One man pup tent (2 each)
12 x 12 Screen Tent
12 x 12 Dining Fly
Privacy shelter/shower stall
10 x 10 tarps (3 each)

2. Cooking/Kitchen Gear

*2 Burner Coleman Propane Stoves (3 each)
*2 burner coleman white gas stove(2 each)
1 burner butane stove (3 each)
1 burner backpack butane stove
1 burner backpack propane stove
1 burner backpack sterno stove
1 burner backpack hexamine stove
1 burner backpack alcohol stove
Coleman stove top oven
coleman stove top toaster
Campfire stand alone grill grates (2 each)
14 inch cast iron skillet w/lid
10 inch cast iron skillets (2)
10 inch cast iron sillet with lid
10 inch cast iron fat free skillet
10 inch cast iron griddle
10 inch stainless steel skillet
12 inch non-stick skillets (Beaten to death)(2)
8 inch cast iron skillet
3 compartment cast iron breakfast (bacon and egg) skillet
nonstick pancake griddle (2)
Cast Iron 4 IN 1 double skillet/Dutch oven
Cast iron oval roaster Number 7
14 inch Chuck Wagon
12 inch Chuck Wagon (2)
2 quart Dutch oven
14 inch Dutch Oven (2)
10 inch Dutch Oven (5)
14 quart aluminum pots w/lids (2)
32 quart food preparation/storage bowl
14 quart food preparation bowls (2)
10 quart food preparation bowls (2)
Cutting boards (4)
knife sets (3)
kitchen utensil set (100 items)
serving plates with utensils (12 settings)
10x10 baking pans (4)
Cast Iron corn Stick Pan
9" pie pan (3)
Deep Dish Pizza Pan for Cobblers
Roasting/Serving pans 11 1/2 inch by 15 1/4 inch(3 each)
Four man Aluminum Cooking kits (2)
1 man aluminum/ stainless steel cooking/mess kits (5)
Dish pans (4), sponges, towels, cleaning products
Sanitation kit
Garbage Collection Bags
8 cup percolator
12 cup percolator
12 cup percolator/boiler
manual coffee grinder
3x5 steel food preparation table
2 x 5 dining table
3 x 6 dining table
54 quart ice chest (6)
6 pack size cooler (4)
8 pack size DC refrigerator
Coleman Hi Stand
Dry Goods/spice Chuck Box (3 Gallon)(3 each)
Fuels Chuck Box (3 Gallon) (2 each)
Canned Goods Chuck Box (3 Gallon) (3 each)
Utensil Chuck Box (3 Gallon) (2 each)

3. Heating/Lighting
5000 BTU Propane Catalytic Heater
3000 BTU Propane Catalytic Heater
55,000 BTU Kerosene Torpedo
15,000 BTU Kerosene Heater/Stove
10,000 BTU Kerosene Heater/Stove
*Propane Lanterns (3)
*White gas lanterns(2)
*Battery Powered Lanterns (2)
*Hi Beam Spot Lights (3)
Kerosene Lamps (3)
Kerosene lanterns (4)
*Four Cell Mag Lites (3)
*Mini Mag lites (6)
Streaming LED Lights with color filters (2)
snake light
*Tap Lights (6)
Battery Table Lamps (2)
Candle lanterns (2)

4. Miscellaneous
Folding recliners (2)
folding chairs (8)
Stack Chairs (4)
Pack Cots (2)
Folding Oversize Camp Cot w/matress
Sleeping bags, adult (4)
Sleeping bag, child (4)
ground pads (2)
shower and stall
3 gallon water containers (6)
Boom Box with CD player
DC black and white 5inch television (2 each)
Set Up Chuck Box (3 Gallon)
*Rods and reels (10)
Fanny and belt pack (15 pound capacity)
Day Pack (20 pound capacity)
Long Range Back Pack (75 pound capacity) 4 (two with frames)
Well stocked first aid kit
fire extinguishers (4)
Hand axe (2)
back pack saws (2)
Bow saws (2)
folding shovels (2)
Multi channel radios (2)

Pre-Pack Bucket Inventory: (White plastic watertight multi-purpose buckets)
(These may be used for seats, table legs, shelf supports, or any purpose intended for a bucket as well as to pre-pack and organize gear.)
K-1 Herbs and Spices (Large variety plus boullion and tea).
K-2 Fuel for Cook Stoves, Lanterns, and Heaters Propane. Butane, and Sterno
(This nomenclature may be composed of several buckets, ergo K-2P (Propane) K-2B (Butane) K-2C (Charcoal) K-2S (Sterno) K-2K (Kerosene) K-2WG (White Gas))
K-3 Staple Dry Goods (Coffee Service includes pot and cups sugar and creamer)
K-4 Staple Dry Goods (Dry provisions flour, sugar. sweetener corn meal, dry milk, baking powder, baking soda, etc.
K-5 Staple Dry Goods Grains (Rice and beans 6 to eight pounds each)
K-6 Dehydrated Foods for Back Packing or General Use
K-7 Canned Meats
K-8 Dry Beans (50 lbs)
K-9 Staple Canned Goods
K-10 Recipe Bucket(K-10M Monday, K10-T Tuesday, etc. pre-packed for recipes minus cold storage or found) One bucket for one or more days.
K-11 Staple Dry Goods Fresh Foods Storeable As Is (Potato, Onion,Other Root Vegetable, etc.
BP-1 Back Packing Gear (Individual Mess Kits)
BP-2 Emergency Standard Items (First Aide through Radio)

Note: The buckets are 3 gallon cat litter buckets which will carry up to 85 pounds with a sealed lid. They are stackable, water tight, and vermin resistant.

This is an equipment list we recommended for each individual. Some items are duplicated when there are additional team members and may be eliminated using common sense.

* Backpack and gear bag(s) to contain all items.
* 3 Day's Rations (Dehydrated, high energy, lightweight soups, rice, canned meats, Ramen Noodles etc recommended (9,000 calorie minimum)
* Two Bic disposable lighters
* **4 x 8 foot tarp
* **folding or pack shovel (Not Coleman)
* **Individual First Aid Kit
* **Pack Saw(s) with blades for wood and bone, a hacksaw works well for bone and a small bow saw is great for cutting wood.
Hatchet(s) for wood cutting and butchering
* **Small cook pot w/lid or Sierra Cup
*Trail/Backpack Stove (wood burning preferred), Sterno Stove with fuel, Alcohol stove w/fuel, etc.
*Rain Poncho (Disposable OK)
*Sleeping Bag or Wool blanket bedroll
*Multi tool (Leatherman, Swiss Army, etc)
*Hunting Knives (Multi purpose field, Skinning bring 3)
*Rope or Heavy Twine (50 foot minimum)
*Personal Weapon and Ammunition
**Dry Clothes (Spare shirt, trousers, and socks plus an extra sweater and windbreaker or jacket)
*A 9 volt battery and very fine (0000) steel wool (for stating fires)
* **Dry Waterproof Strike Anywhere Matches in a Waterproof Container
*Flashlight/Lantern
*Multi frequency Radio (two way)
*Compass (GPS Is nice addition but the compass is a must have)
*Area Map
Field Glasses
*Pencil and Notebook
*Freeze proof Canteen or thermos (minimum 1 quart capacity)
*Duct Tape
* **Fishing net(emergency use only for catching small game/fish)
*Small bottle of 97% Rubbing Alcohol
Snow Shoes
Camera and Film or Disks and batteries
Paperback book
*Toilet Paper
Zip Lock Bags
*Plastic Garbage Bags (at least 2 black)
*Personal Medications
*Hunting license and tag
Foam or air mattress ground pad (for under sleeping bag or cot use)
Camp Shelter (Tent with an under tent ground cloth and rain fly)
**AM/FM radio/CD Player(w/earphone if to be taken on hunt)
*Whistle
*Signal Mirror
*3 Emergency 6 hour Candles
Skis
Sharpening stone and steel
Gun cleaning kit and oil
Fishing pole, reel, tackle, and bait
Personal folding chair
Sleeping cot
Personal Dining service and utensils
Personal Toiletries/Grooming equipment
Camp Table(s)
Propane/Butane cooking/heating stoves and fuel
Cooking Gear (Pots Pans Utensils)
**Chow (for camp contributions and recipes)
Sewing kit
*Eyeglass repair kit
*Denture repair kit
**Predator resistant containers
**Shovel, Axe, Chain Saw w/fuel/oil
*10% minimum Capison Pepper Spray for protection from bear
* Glucerna bars for diabetics
* Extra pairs of contact lenses
* Sun or Snow glasses
* Chemical activated hand warmers
**Space heaters for in tent use
* Emergency or space blankets
* Bore Snake
* Zip Ties
* Chemical light sticks
Pack Frame For packing out kill
* Spare batteries for lights, GPS, cameras, and radios
Notes:

* Item is highly recommended to be taken on day hikes/hunt to serve as
survival gear during an emergency situation.
** Purpose or use is expanded

Survival Elements: Water (W) Shelter (S) Heat (H) Food (F) Medical (M) Remain for Rescue (R) Comfort (C)

Remember: W-S-H-F-M-R-C or (W)hen (S)tuff (H)appens (F)ind (M)y (R)anger (C)amp
Probably the most difficult part of the adventure is taking along the things that you will "REALLY" need. I envy the man who ventures forth with a tin cup and a pen knife to conquer the wild. ("NOT!!") My hunting friends often tease me over the enormous size of my packs and variety of gear. My philosophy is this: I'm carrying it so shut up! I have high blood pressure so if I find there is something that I need and it isn't there I get angry and "pop!" So shut up! If you ridicule me then discover that you left something behind; "You are never going to hear the end of it!" Besides, I like to make sure that I have enough for everyone and that often includes mess kits, my camp mates aren't packing.. With some practice and note taking you will soon figure out what is required. These are the basic guidelines to help you choose the right gear for your particular needs. These, with a little common sense, will soon make you an expert. When venturing into the great out doors there are certain essentials that you must provide. These are Water, Shelter, Heat, Food, Medical, Rescue, and Comfort items. Remember this list by this phrase: "When Stuff Happens Find My Ranger Camp" or (WSHFMRC) which are the first letters of each word. That does not mean that you must carry everything with you. If provisions are available along the way be sure to take advantage of them. Consider the climate you are entering. You probably will not need a fleece-lined parka in Georgia in the middle of July! (Although if you check "my" pack you will probably find one!) Likewise, Bermuda shorts are not helpful in a Wyoming winter deer hunt. Here are some suggestions for each category:

Water - (The most important item!!) If plenty of fresh water is available on your planned route all you will need are collection, filtration, and purification methods. There is no need to carry heavy water with you. A water bottle or canteen, a filtration system, and a purification method is all that is needed. All water should be either boiled, or treated chemically, before use. Collect water with a small plastic pail or the backpack cooking pot. If water is not available, pack and carry all that you intend to use for cooking, drinking, and sanitation. Plan carefully and add an extra day's supply to be safe. Don't forget about snow and ice. If camping in the winter melt and purify these using fuel sources found in camp. Remember that you will need to consume about 64 ounces, two quarts, of water per person per day. Use a little common sense and adjust this figure for climate and weather. Don't forget to consider the water used in food preparation and if you plan to bathe, shave, wash dishes, or do laundry, you will need to plan for more.

Shelter - A complete shelter should include a lightweight tent, rain fly, ground cloth or tarp, a ground pad, and sleeping bag appropriate for the climate and terrain. Shelter may be as elaborate or as simple as you wish. Consider the climate, weather, potential weather, weight, and the basic intent of a shelter; (ergo, to keep you warm, dry, and out of harm's way.)

Heat - You will need a means of boiling water, cooking food, and providing warmth for your shelter and camp site. A lightweight stove, which burns wood, sterno, alcohol, fuel sticks, etc is an absolute must. A wood burner is preferred. Several long burning candles should be included. Bring the appropriate fuel for your stove in sufficient quantity for the venture plus an extra day.(That's why I prefer a wood burner, the fuel can usually be found on the ground!) If all the wood on the ground is too wetto burn; look up above your head where you may find dry, dead branches to use. Make sure that your cooking gear is compatible with your cook stove before venturing out. Pack 3 disposable lighters, a box of strike anywhere matches in a waterproof container, a magnesium bar, flint and steel, and a 9 volt battery along with 0000 (very fine) steel wool. All of these items are used to ignite fires. This combination of materials will allow you to start a fire in the worst conditions.

Food - You will need between 1,500 and 4,000 calories per day per person. Plan your menus to accommodate this requirement, personal tastes, length of the trip, etc. Here again plan enough for the trip plus a day or two extra.

Carry a fishing seine for strictly emergency use only. Use it to catch fish and snare small animals (under emergency conditions). It is an excellent hammock and camo cover. It is an elevated suspension system. Varieties are available that will support up to 500 pounds..

Medical - Don't forget your prescription drugs added to a good basic first aid kit. Be prepared for minor cuts, burns, insect bites, stings, etc. Insect repellants, sun block, and a jar of Vaseline should be included. Those who wear glasses, dentures, hearing aides, or contact lenses should include repair kits or spares. Training and preparation to properly apply first aid techniques is a must whether for yourself or another in your party. Get trained as soon as possible. It may save your life and possibly mine too.

Rescue - A multi channel walk around two way radio is necessary with extra batteries. A global positioning system (GPS) is a good idea. A compass and area map is essential. A sharp, loud whistle, a metal mirror, several chemical light sticks of different colors, and a small flare gun with flares are great to have on hand. Essentially anything that will allow you to tell someone that you need help should be included here. The most important thing is your "Itinerary". Leave a copy with a trusted friend or family member so that if you should not check in or arrive on time an alert is activated.

Comfort - Comfort items are of two varieties: (1) Essential and (2) Nice to have. The essential list is fairly standard and includes: A multi tool such as a Leatherman or Swiss Army knife, a personal canteen, a mess and eating utensil kit, a cooking kit, a toilet kit with soap, wipes, toilet paper, tooth brush and paste, a change of clothes and shoes, rain gear or a water proof poncho, a towel, a folding shovel, a folding saw, 50 feet of heavy twine or rope, a flash light or lantern, a kitchen sanitation kit, a small sponge, water purification tablets, extra cash for emergencies, a sharp multi-purpose lock back knife, a couple large plastic trash bags, and of course the back pack, ruck sack, stuff sack, or whatever it is you plan to carry all of your provisions in. As a rule of thumb a pack for a one day outing "day pack" should provide a minimum of 500 cubic inches, two days 750 to 1000 cubic inches, three days 1500 to 2500 cubic inches. Comfortable lightweight packs, which provide more than 5,000 cubic inch storage plus exterior additions, are available. I keep a daypack, three-day pack, and an additional fanny pack provisioned and ready to "bug out"! A small roll of duct tape, and several zip ties are often handy. A walking stick about 6 foot long by about one and a half inches thick is a good idea when climbing or descending slopes. Pick one up along the way. Those are the essential items and each and every one is "Highly recommended" as they are capable of helping you survive some very difficult situations with a little planning and ingenuity. The Nice to have things might include: a favorite pillow, personal CD player with CDs, sporting gear for fishing or hunting, a solar shower kit, insect or leaf collecting kits, a camera, notebook and pencil a personal recording device, hiking, camping, plant and animal identification, first aid, or survival cards, pamphlets, or guides. The Boy Scout Hand Book is nice to have!

With these considerations, make yourself up a checklist and write down everything that you want to take on your outing. Fill this checklist and practice packing your backpack, fanny pack, rucksack, etc. Experiment and practice until you are comfortable with quickly packing and unpacking your gear. Do a practice camp out in the back yard limiting yourself to using "only" those items on your checklist then revise your checklist! This will let you determine whether your backpack etc is going to be the right size for you. Too big is extra weight; but, allows for expansion. To add storage space, try adding a fanny pack rather than buying a larger backpack.

and remember.... When Stuff Happens Find My Ranger Camp (Water, Shelter, Heat, Food, Medical, Rescue, and Comfort)

One final word; the lightest and most important item you will take with you is your knowledge and experience! They are absolutely indespensible; but, to be fully used you must give yourself every possible opportunity to remain calm and confident during crisis situations and to think through all of your alternatives and opportunities. Bring thme both back safely with you and improved upon!!
biggrin.gif

Hope this stuff is helpful!!
biggrin.gif

T Bone:

Your food looks kind of thin to me. Don't forget the old standards; instant oatmeal (fruit & cream variety), instant cocoa, Tang, Kool Aid, Cup-O-Noodles, tortillas, honey, peanut butter.

Bagels and instant gravey mix makes a passable stand-in for biscuits & gravey.

Also take a compact fishing rig, cooking oil in a plastic bottle, salt & pepper and an aluminum frying pan with folding handle.

KC

KC.. Cooking OIL ? Honey ? Peanut Butter ? Aluminum Frying pans ? Fishing Rigs ? .... Uhhhh Why not Pack in a Dutch Oven and a Chitter ;)

Grant it, I'm not used to doing 17 mile pack ins for 10 days at a Wack, but that list sounds like it will be HEAVY !!!!!

I'm gonig to work on getting my Pack to the Ultimate Fighing weight. One thing I'm not leaving Behind is a Sat. Phone and my Camcorder.... Food for 10 Days is the Option
elkgrin.gif

For the food, I don't think I'd do much different if I were to do it again. Breakfast was a Clif bar. Lunch = Clif bar, jerky and trail mix. Dinner = Freeze dry dinner and dessert. Felt hungry every now and then, but the body had fuel to go. You could cut out some of the food and rely on the grouse. There's tons of them.

If we go late I'm taking a warmer bag and a thicker pad. On the second hunt there were a few nights that were miserably cold.

Bullchit.
For ten days, take no less than ten racks of pork spareribs (minimun 3 lbs each)and a gallon of BBQ sauce. Two, no three cases of beer ( gotta save weight somewhere )and five or six boxs of glazed donuts.
Good luck on the hunt, don't lose too much weight.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back