Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Gauging interest- laser engraving

Like do the reticle on a cap?

Yup! I'm working out a sample of a pic I took of my lab.
Yeah, thinking something like that. Lots of reticles out there with built in holdover graduations, and we've got a whole other thread going on scopes and how the dials and tracking can be a failure point.

I know it's easy enough to just tape on your own drop chart on the scope or stock, but if you could laser engrave it on the scope cap why not?

Yeah, thinking something like that. Lots of reticles out there with built in holdover graduations, and we've got a whole other thread going on scopes and how the dials and tracking can be a failure point.

I know it's easy enough to just tape on your own drop chart on the scope or stock, but if you could laser engrave it on the scope cap why not?
Ya it can be done. Lettering is legibile down to around 1/16" tall.

Cases? I keep cases from each critter when possible and right the date and info in fine line sharpie on them, and if it’s a euro Mount I set the brass in the eye socket.

I'm not going to have anything available in time for Father's day unfortunately.

Receiver yes, I don't have the right type of laser for wood. I'm working on some designs that will look good at depth. I can do scroll work also. This is one I'm in the middle of designing for a rolling block.
View attachment 278733
That buggered screw though!
There has to be a story to that.
Here's some more of "what's possible"
View attachment 279368
This is so much cooler than that white dope chart I have tape to my stocks.

The buggered screw- that rifle was made in 1897, who knows how many times it's been apart! It's still a work in progress anyways.
Yup.
My 1916 1894 should have the feed rails replaced but I don't shoot it a lot and I don't want those staked screws taken out.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back