Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

GATO / CATMAN.....

Moosie

Grand poopa
OK OK It's still a BIT Early.. But what y'all say we go chace a LION in IDAHO (OR UTAH) come first snow ?!??!!? If it's Utah.. MAke it 1st of the year......

I'm just getting out the DogHouse soon so I figure no time like the Present to JUMP back in FEET FIRST :D :D

PLuss.... YOu guys would LOVE to have me HAng around y'all all day And tell ya Hutning lies RIGHT ?~?~?~?~

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

-Moosie

Hey Moosie,if we wasnt 3000 miles apart and we had lions,you'd be more than welcome to come on over.Heck you could even stay with me in my doghouse.LOL LOL

Well soon as snow hits I am gone, you can tag along but I don't guarentee you anything, of course since Idahos outfitting laws and all, I hunt for my dogs first, and U second. Which means if I find a bobcat track I wanna run, thats what I am gonna do, not drive around all day looking for a mature lion track to put out on, and if I happen to find a nice lion track first thing off your in luck then. My primary focus is to have my dogs out running a cat, not cramped up in a box all day. It may snow sunday nite, if it dumps very much I may run up into 39 monday morn. I go when its convient for me, planning ahead I don't do. I go when the weathers right and my chances are best, which means I may leave all hours of the day and any day of the week within a minutes notice of how the weather plays out. I have a list of about 8 guys right now that want lions, I usually just start calling, and whoever answers first that there available to go, is who gets to go. Another thing to know is that if my dogs are up on the mnt, I don't leave it till I get them back, which means a one day trip can easily turn into a 2 day overnite ordeal. E-mail me your # or whatever and I will put you on the list if you like. Call me if you want too

i tried to call you today gatoman. Just bored here watching football all day its either that or deer hunt,(borrrrring).
Tobey,hows whiskey doing.The guy I got the dogs from in Idaho says roxie and Whitey are both better cat dogs than bear dogs.I was awful pleased with them on bear so am some wound up about cat hunting them.Boone was about 100% on cats and lions last year according to the guy i got him from.It must be alot easier out where he lives if thats true!!! I dont know any dog out here that catches almost every cat they run,except maybe Pauls that you hunted with last year Tobey. I was impressed with Boone enough this season on bear to let Spot and whiskey go and figure he is leading for now on.Hope I made the right move.
Now that season is over Tobey any regrets on letting Baldy go??? I think you made a good move with what I saw at the end of the season.I bet you were wondering at times though ,huh? On the other hand you probably didnt have to walk in and pick up dogs bumming along as much as you did the last few years right? Its a double edge sword sometimes isnt it? When things are bad you say I wish I still had ol so and so here,he 'd straighten it out.And then the days when you spend all day trying to pick up a dog dubbing you think,why the heck do I keep him,right?

GATO... I think I got your # on file
I'll call first part of Dec. I'm topping of a Project until Thanxgiving then I'll keep a Buffer after that. I'm not worried about Leaving at 3AM on the Spare of the Moment. Wife won't like it but.... She knows I want a CAT :D

I wouldn't expect Nothing and I do know about the "LISTS" deal. To MANY PEOPLE on them and Usually the Hunter ends up going alone anywyas ?!?! Does that sound about right

If you want to Run a BOB on the Trip I would have just as much fun. If it DUMPS a CHIT LOAD (Which it doesn't look like right now ?!?!?!) and the conditions get "TO GOOD TO BE TRUE" fire me a CALL... My CELL is (208)571-1ELK . I check messages OFTEN and have it on most of the time... Work # is (208)342-3144 ..... Just an FYI

We'll talk soon.....

TOBEY .... I got your PAN Bro ;)

George... Wish We could have hooked up this year... With DAD flying in from Kwaj. and other stuff.. Just to hard to fly out. We'll talk about another trip down the road !!!!!

MAiniac, GAto would mind you running cats HERE I bet.... Jump in a RIG and head this way .... Since I'm making it out ofthe DOG HOUSE NOW..... Mine is Awailable for you to STAY, You're more then welcome to stay there anytime !!!!! ;)

-Moosie

Gato,

I know what you mean, you are a straight shooter. A true houndsman does not come home without his hounds.

Moosie, if you get over toward NM, give me a holler, I'd be glad to take you out hunting.

Moosie,
If you want tom come here lion hunting, lets wait and put you in for one of the draw units. There are lions in these harvest objective units also, but the hunting pressure is alot greater and your chances of killing a good tom are less likely. Gato has got some good dogs, you'll probably kill a lion this year over his dogs. He hunts more than almost anyone I know, so I'm sure unless his list is 35 or greater you'll kill a cat ;) :D

Back