Gaston Glock dead at age 94

In the summer of 1983 I was taking the train from Munich, South through Austria, on into Yugoslavia. Crossing the Austrian border, the customs agent got on to check passports (pre-EU). On his hip was the most interesting and unusual pistol I had ever laid eyes on. Only later that year, after returning to the states, did I learn what it was - a Glock 17 of course! I determined then and there to get one, but I never got around to it until a few years ago when I picked up a Glock 19. I made sure mine was stamped "Made In Austria."

RIP Mr. Glock.

Carried one on duty for many years. Total confidence in the Glock. Pull the trigger and it will fire. Every time, under any conditions.

Carried one on duty for many years. Total confidence in the Glock. Pull the trigger and it will fire. Every time, under any conditions.
Not sure that they're as reliable as they once were unfortunately. I have my concerns with newer Glocks

I always thought Glock were stupid and uncomfortable to hold. But now I have a 19 and 20 and I think they're pretty terrific! RIP Mr. Glock

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back