Gas price breaking point

I seem to always find a way to justify it..... as mentioned above...even if it came to an extra $500 for the season, that really wouldn't be that bad. For me anyhow. I do know there are many that are probably pinched a little tighter than me. Not that I have money coming our my arse...

If my trip is usually 2 full tanks round trip, and I take 10 trips a season... 46 gallons per trip. $3 a gallon, $138 per trip. $5 a gallon... $230 per trip. 10 trips $1380.00 for the season vs 2300.00 per season. Ok, thats a k more... Throw a couple buddies in the truck more often than before and eat the rest. 10 trips of that much gas is a bit of an over-estimate. If gas only went to 4.25 I'd be at 1955.00... $600 increase over $3 per gallon... Blah blah blah...etc....

I just put it all on the credit card and let the wife figure out what she has to curtail to pay the monthly bills so we don't get any interest charges. So far she's come through like a champ and no complaining!

Drew the tag I am going NO matter what, plan your trip with a couple guy's to ease the pain, you won't be worried about the gas if your looking at a nice rack in the rear veiw mirror on the way home.

Fin, this is the earliest that prices have started to soar.Usually, they wait till spring with everyone wanted to get out and about after winter.I agree, its the best money you will spend though
I don't watch liberal news,but the one I watch certainly isn't giving him a break;nor should they.If it was Bush ,or any republican,there would be an uproar in CNN and MSNBC.I'll pay the high prices if it gets Obama out of office.certainly won't think of cancelling any hunting trips

http://www.nyse.tv/crude-oil-price-history.htm

Work a couple hours of OT or sell some junk laying around the house to pay for the difference. Or better yet make your old lady get a second job.

Lazy is the man that can't find his wife two jobs

AWESOME!

I'll dial back some trips, but not ones I've been planning for years. There will probably be more ducks and geese alive as a result of these prices...

I just picked up a commuter car cuz of prices. Right now its not bad at $4.25 but just wait until the first RV comes across the border:mad:

My truck gets about 14mpg, my new hoopty gets about 30mpg. I know I can fit a bear in the trunk. A moose would be a tight fit but I have a back seat.

There are always options if your creative.

When we're on our death bed, we may have some regrets, but there's not a one of us that will regret the money we spent on fuel to do what we love!!!

I'm taking on some side jobs over the summer. We will be working four 10's, so it makes it nice to take on a small garage, additions or some concrete slabs. I'll also have two litters of hound dog pups to sell.

I'm going to be mowing lawns after work to get a little cash. Have pay off the spotter before I worry about fuel costs......

My truck gets about 14mpg, my new hoopty gets about 30mpg. I know I can fit a bear in the trunk. A moose would be a tight fit but I have a back seat.

There are always options if your creative.

I've been using my car for the last few years where I can. I've had deer in the trunk and was always wanting to haul an elk out with it. Finally got my chance in 09. It's great for hiding your hunting spot as well. Nobody suspects you're hunting with a car parked at the trailhead:D
bartelkcar09.jpg

It just might have something to do with the world economy picking up and consumption going back up, plus futures prices are up due to concern over Iran. Long-term, consumption in the US is down due to high prices causing a shift to smaller vehicles, but China is certainly picking up the slack.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back