Garmin in reach mini thoughts?

I’ve had mine for 3 years and used many times to communicate with family, a great item to have while your out in the field and no cell service is available.

great little device. Only problem I've had was it takes along time to find a satellite. We always mark the truck or jump off point before we start but the mini can take 15 to 20 minutes to find a signal sometimes. My son figured out to mark our waypoint in the phone app and it would update the mini when it caught a signal as long as he was bluetoothed.

As if my truck heard me talking about this decision it decided to start making terrible sounds in the transmission department. Way up at a ranchers cow camp in the middle of nowhere. That we had to chain up to get to. Luckily we were able to limp it out in first gear for 20 miles. I was really wishing I had one. Ordering one now.

I've used the mini for a few years now and do be it to be essential gear. It should be mandatory for anyone in the woods. I've been watching a show, Disappeared, and thinking "if you only had a an InReach..."

Looks like they are discounting the mini more than the explorer ($100 off $350 vs. $50 off 450). Wondering if they are dumping existing stock of the mini due to a forthcoming new version/update.

Looks like they are discounting the mini more than the explorer ($100 off $350 vs. $50 off 450). Wondering if they are dumping existing stock of the mini due to a forthcoming new version/update.
I'm always a generation behind anyway. I almost bought one last month. Glad I waited.

Back